Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Older Ammo

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by PeaceKeeper, Apr 10, 2011.

1. PeaceKeeper

PeaceKeeper Seattle New Member

Hey guys, just thought I'd run this by some if you. I have around 400-600+ rounds of reloaded .38spl /.357 that was my grandfathers and one box of Remington .38spl +p from 1964. (have orig receipt) Everythinghas been dry stored and in sealed bags. It is a mix of brass and steel. I dont have a .38 so I can not use it, is it worth selling?
    Also I found a sealed box of 1943 Winchester .303 ammo.

2. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

I'd say sell it as components not as loaded ammo. Unless he kept incredibly detailed records and you can provide those to a seller there is no telling what's in the cartridges.

Might want to look into selling the older factory ammo as collectible though, if it's all that vintage someone might be wanting to add it to a collection.

3. Browning55

Browning55 Seattle-Everett Area Active Member

I'd be very wary of buying ammo reloaded by someone else regardless of age. There could also be legal problems involved with that. The factory ammo - even though it's old - has some value even if not for firing. Consider taking the rest to your local police department and asking them if they could dispose of it for you - or tell you the best way. I know that bring in any cash but it's a safe play. Or get a .38 and have some fun.

4. mad

mad cowlitiz county Member