JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What kind of an old Winchester, and what do you want done to it?
In almost all cases, you will reduce the value of the gun by having
it refinished.

I agree---Turnbull isn't cheap------but if I had a rare Winchester I
would pay his prices. I've got a 1879 manufactured 1873 standard rifle
in 44-40 that I've thought about having him do, but every time I price it out the old worn patina looks better and better.

What kind of an old Winchester, and what do you want done to it?
In almost all cases, you will reduce the value of the gun by having
it refinished.

I agree---Turnbull isn't cheap------but if I had a rare Winchester I
would pay his prices. I've got a 1879 manufactured 1873 standard rifle
in 44-40 that I've thought about having him do, but every time I price it out the old worn patina looks better and better.

I had a Remington rolling block #1 sporter restored by Delta Gun Shop in Colville, WA.

<broken link removed>

Took all metal down to white. Draw file all surfaces (without removing patents and other marks). Line rusted-out original octagon .38 cal barrel and rechamber for .357 Mag. Convert from rimfire to centerfire. Color case-harden butt plate and receiver. Reblue all other parts. Fit and finish semi-inletted forearm and butt stock (supplied by Treebone Carving separately).

Total cost was about $2200. The finished product is exquisite and a joy to shoot. It was my grandfather's rifle and had a great deal of sentimental value.

You might want to contact Dave. We just had a Winchester come to us from Texas via GunKoat as they make there move from Wisconsin to Texas.

His phone number is here: <broken link removed>

Good luck!

SF-

Anyone have any recommendations for doing restoration work on old Winchester repeating rifles?

Or pehaps gunsmiths that specialize in this type of work in the PDX area?

M
For fast, expert, repairs and restorations: Bob Dunlap and Ken Brooks at P.I.S.C.O
(14558 North Hemlock St. Coquille, OR 97423 541-396-5558) they are a factory certified repair facility for nearly every firearm manufacturer. Great work, fast turn-around, and very reasonable prices!! PISCO - Home

Anyone have any recommendations for doing restoration work on old Winchester repeating rifles?

Or pehaps gunsmiths that specialize in this type of work in the PDX area?

M
For fast, expert, repairs and restorations: Bob Dunlap and Ken Brooks at P.I.S.C.O
(14558 North Hemlock St. Coquille, OR 97423 541-396-5558) they are a factory certified repair facility for nearly every firearm manufacturer. Great work, fast turn-around, and very reasonable prices!! PISCO - Home

You can give willamette valley gunsmithing a call, they do restoration work on metal, hand sand all parts and leave all writing, proof marks in tack, also do all wood work, they don't use junk like varnish, shellacs or polyerathane. They specialize in this type of work and DON'T charge an arm and a leg.
Willamette Valley Gunsmithing Company
There in Veneta OR.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews