Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

old Uncle Henrey fillet knife

Discussion in 'Knives & Other Discussion' started by Caveman Jim, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

It seems that when you are looking for something in the shop/garage you usually find something that has been shoved in the drawer years ago.

It happened to me today while looking for a long lost pair of scissors I used for cutting steelhead eggs into small clusters. I found the old Uncle Henry SS Steelhead fillet knife # 168 (now #167UH) that had broken at the handle 16 years ago.

Now that the scissors are finally located I would like to know if there are any knife makers/manufactures/miracle workers out here that can fix my beloved old fillet knife?

I figure that my old friends demise (ok it's a tool but it was joined to my hip for over 16 years fishing the PNW) was a conspiracy on the part of all the distant steelhead and salmon relatives that had been filleted over the years (hundreds maybe thousands)(yes I fished A LOT) and I take particular disdain for the cowardly act!!!

Thanks in advance kind Sirs or Madame's.

2. Caveman Jim

Here's a few pics of the fallen hero...

IMGP0001.JPG

IMGP0002.JPG

IMGP0003.JPG

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  3. Caveman Jim

I finally found the file with the pics. Any help is appreciated.;)

4. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I think it deserves a display case myself.
    Fallen hero and all

5. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Bummer man:(

6. thorborg

thorborg portland oregon Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I had some repair work done by a jewelers located between second and fourth on SW oak downtown Portland. (can't remember their name) I'll see if I can find it if you ask. They have laser welding and soldering capability on a small scale. Any normal welding would ruin the temper and your handle as would have my repair work reattaching a steel pin to a silver and turquoise buckle.
    This may be possible though it likely cost sixty to 100 bucks and not cost effective albeit love makes fools of us all.