JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It seems that when you are looking for something in the shop/garage you usually find something that has been shoved in the drawer years ago.

It happened to me today while looking for a long lost pair of scissors I used for cutting steelhead eggs into small clusters. I found the old Uncle Henry SS Steelhead fillet knife # 168 (now #167UH) that had broken at the handle 16 years ago.

Now that the scissors are finally located I would like to know if there are any knife makers/manufactures/miracle workers out here that can fix my beloved old fillet knife?

I figure that my old friends demise (ok it's a tool but it was joined to my hip for over 16 years fishing the PNW) was a conspiracy on the part of all the distant steelhead and salmon relatives that had been filleted over the years (hundreds maybe thousands)(yes I fished A LOT) and I take particular disdain for the cowardly act!!!

Thanks in advance kind Sirs or Madame's.

Here's a few pics of the fallen hero...

IMGP0001.JPG

IMGP0002.JPG

IMGP0003.JPG

Last Edited:
I had some repair work done by a jewelers located between second and fourth on SW oak downtown Portland. (can't remember their name) I'll see if I can find it if you ask. They have laser welding and soldering capability on a small scale. Any normal welding would ruin the temper and your handle as would have my repair work reattaching a steel pin to a silver and turquoise buckle.
This may be possible though it likely cost sixty to 100 bucks and not cost effective albeit love makes fools of us all.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top