JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This was my great grandpas gun. My dad recently passed and I am looking to help mom sell this thing. I would love to hear from you guys. Thanks so much from my me and my family

for sale items mom 010.jpg

for sale items mom 012.jpg

for sale items mom 011.jpg

for sale items mom 013.jpg

Moore and Harris were prolific Birmingham (later London) gunmakers from very roughly 1840 to 1870. They exported many of their guns to the United States.

Take a look at the NRA grading system for ANTIQUE firearms to help form an asking price.

Many, fine looking on the outside, old caplock shotguns have horrendous bores which obviously affects the price.

Also determine what size the bore actually is. 14 gauge was pretty popular back in the day.

Go to GUNBROKER and see what these old guns are actually selling for. This usually a far cry from the asking price.

Take it to a blackpowder gunsmith and have him determine whether it's a shooter or a wall hanger. This too will affect the value.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top