JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Toolfan's experience is truly tragic, and that kind of experience leaves an impression. I am in the military and knew someone who was killed in a 5-ton truck rollover, so I am a vehicle safety Nazi at work, and people think I am wound way too tight.....but as I said...things make an impression.

Having said that, that family had major issues if even the thought of pointing a gun at a family member crossed the child's mind. I was allowed to have knives, machetes, slingshots, BB guns at a very early age. The idea of using violence on anyone is a product of a sick mind or a poor upbringing; usually a tradition of violence in the family. Raised voices were barely tolerated in my family. I remember once as a kid a friend showed me his father's revolver in a dresser drawer. I was horrified! Not of the gun, but of snooping through his father's bedroom. I would NEVER have done that. And I certainly knew better than to show a friend a weapon in my father's bedroom.

My daughter, now 11 has known that her mother and I carry guns and keep them in our cars. She also knows that they are all locked up in a safe, if we are not home. Though we are more concerned with theft than with our daughter having access.

There is nothing that can be done to guarantee everyone's safety. you are surrounded by weapons all the time. What separates people is their acceptance of voilence as a way to settle disputes. That has everything to do with parenting.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top