JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
20171101_150808.jpg I have this nickel S&W 32 CTG.
I think it's a model 30,but actually not sure. 5 digit serial # starting with 33XXX.

Any idea's on this.

Thank You 20171101_075159.jpg 20171101_075147.jpg

Last Edited:
Could be a model 10,or "pre" model 10,such as a model of 1902 or model of 1905.
I have both,but Ive forgotten all of the subtle nuances.
Open the cylinder and look at the frame in front of the cylinder,it might have the model.

Cool gun,regardless.

What you have is called a .32 Hand Ejector and it's a pre Model Number Pistol. The serial number puts it in the range of the 2nd Model, 1st Change. That would make it as having been shipped between 1904-1906. You can contact Smith and Wesson at their 800 number and get the month and year of shipping. You might also want to contact the Smith and Wesson Historical Foundation and request a Factory Letter that will tell you a bit more. Such a Letter might also tell you more about the Stocks which don't look like Factory from that period. Hope this helps.

I would also agree that it looks to be Blued rather than Nickel.

One last detail is if you are interested in selling the HE, you really need to get the Factory Letter. They ain't cheap but they will easily add their cost to the value of your collectible Gun.

Last Edited:
What you have is called a .32 Hand Ejector and it's a pre Model Number Pistol. The serial number puts it in the range of the 2nd Model, 1st Change. That would make it as having been shipped between 1904-1906. You can contact Smith and Wesson at their 800 number and get the month and year of shipping. You might also want to contact the Smith and Wesson Historical Foundation and request a Factory Letter that will tell you a bit more. Such a Letter might also tell you more about the Stocks which don't look like Factory from that period. Hope this helps.

I would also agree that it looks to be Blued rather than Nickel.

One last detail is if you are interested in selling the HE, you really need to get the Factory Letter. They ain't cheap but they will easily add their cost to the value of your collectible Gun.

Poor lighting ...

20171101_150808.jpg

the grips should be like these this is a second model 2nd change. I think yours is as said a second model first change.

003.JPG 011.JPG

FWIW the number at Smith and Wesson to get a shipped date is: 1-800-331-0852

I'd like to add that all you will get is the Month and Year the Firearm was shipped from the Factory. This can have little to do with just when the firearm was manufactured. A few years back Two Model 39s with Consecutive Serial Numbers were found to have been shipped Fourteen(yes, 14) years apart!

Okay, it is a blued Model 1903 Hand Ejector with a 3.25" barrel. Does that help?
That narrows it down to the Model of 1903, but is it the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th Change which covers some 240,000 Guns. If you are interested I can narrow it down by Serial Number for you.:):):)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top