JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a Ruger M77 stainless .30-06 "boat paddle" rifle back in 2000 to use for deer and elk in Idaho. It was accurate, but the trigger was heavy and the rifle was heavy. Recoil was pretty stiff as well. But, I used it to kill a few deer over the years. I found the shiny stainless finish to be a bit ridiculous for the woods and promptly did my first camouflage job on it.

IMG_20200409_081734049.jpg

I eventually moved all over the US and only recently moved back to the PNW. I started evaluating my hunting firearms and found the old Ruger lacking. I also discovered that those old "boat paddle" rifles were worth more that what I paid. So, I cleaned mine up, removing all of the paint and tape, and sold it on Gunbroker for $800.

HWoEorvTR4q-XoNJkBU1LQ.jpeg

I then decided to replace it with a lighter, shorter, and more accurate rifle in .308. I bought a Ruger American Rifle Predator off of Gunbroker for $450. I got it last week and have already added a Nikon P-Tactical 3x9 scope, a Limbsaver Kodiak Lite sling, an Axis Mfg. recoil brake, and a new custom camo job courtesy of some spray paint and branches in my yard.

IMG_20210509_173542212.jpg

IMG_20210509_173514908.jpg

Taking it out tomorrow to the range to see what it can do with a few different handload recipes.

Let us know the results of your load results.

Your post got me curious if anyone applied a hunter orange camouflage pattern to their rifles to match their vests/hats. Not many evidently.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top