JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
These days I think you can get a 3-D printer for like fiddy bucks.. lol

Now a guy with a screwdriver and hammer can do a "build". lol

Last edited by a moderator:
What really caught my ear was the part where they talk about wood selection. Grain pattern and wood density. Really nice wood still available back then. Modern wood is so light and punky!

Last week I replaced some damage from a leaking gutter. Took out some rotten tongue and groove 1x4 from the 1930's. Even half rotten I could still stand on the old board and not break it. And heavy. The new stuff I put in weighed a quarter of the old, and would bend like a rubber band.

Also, last week while waiting for a background check I was eyeballing some rifles with wood stocks. They would have made pallets out of that wood in 1969! Of course you can make a really fine gun with no wood at all, it just caught my attention.

Fascinating video, thanks for posting.

Very cool, especially the hand checkering and engraving, wow, what craftsmanship. I had no idea they had such advanced tooling equipment back then as well. Thanks for posting.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top