JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was recently given some old 30-06 rounds about 120 rounds. Upon closer inspection they are reloads. There are a couple of boxes with reload labels from 1973. So I am assuming they are all reloads. I am sure they would be fine to shoot but its just not for me.

The question is I am unwilling to shoot them so what to due with them?

I reload myself I suppose I could pull the bullets and reuse them. Not a big fan of reusing the brass . For one 35+ years old and I do not know how many times they have been reloaded or if they were reloaded HOT in the past

1973? Im still shooting stuff my deceased father and I reloaded when I got discharged from the military that year! WHATS THE PROBLEM? Ever shoot ww2 surplus ammo? I found some in puget sound in about 80 ft of water while diving one time and cleaned it up and it shot ok too.

I have a rule that the only reloads I will shoot are my own. If these rounds were mine I would pull the bullets for further use and use the dumped powder on my rose bushes.

This is my rule also

The age of them does not bother me but by rifle means more to me than a few rounds of ammo.

Right now I am planning on pulling the bullets unless someone wants to take them off my hands for free. But I will take no responsibility for them.

You should be able to see signs of excessive pressure on the brass. Stretching, split necks, and other visible problems should tell you if the brass is okay. I agree with everyone else. Pull the components, add your own powder, and re-set the bullets. Dump the old powder on the plants...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top