JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just finished up an old can of H110 today and noticed the "clearance" price tag. First off, can you imagine seeing that word on handgun powder now days? The price was $10.48 for a pound. Granted, I have had this powder for I while since I haven't been loading much 44 mag lately, but wow, what a price.

So, of the powders on your shelf that you are currently using, what has the lowest price tag?

I might win this. An old pound of W-231 in the steel can $4.39, and an unopened old steel bottle of W-296 with a Bi-Mart sticker of $7.20. I might add they are keeping a couple of CCI Mini Mag bricks company marked $10.99. Yeah, I have been at this a while.

I've got a couple of containers that are priced $14.99 (Green Dot and IMR 4895). I have a can or 3031 and 4198 that are a bit older, but don't have price tags.
Compare this to one of the RL22's I recently found at Fisherman's marked $30.99...:(

I might win this. An old pound of W-231 in the steel can $4.39, and an unopened old steel bottle of W-296 with a Bi-Mart sticker of $7.20. I might add they are keeping a couple of CCI Mini Mag bricks company marked $10.99. Yeah, I have been at this a while.

I have one of those to can not remember the price though. But I do know it was way less than the 79 bucks for a 4lb one I just found at Sportsmans last weekend....

How about this can of Unique? It doesn't even have a bar code on it!
DSCN7740a.jpg

I concede. :p
I didn't even remember that GI Joes sold powder. The can makes me think probably 70's vintage???

HOWEVER, I have some 1960s shotshells that might get me somewhere on a different thread. Including Canadian ammo I used to buy at Coast to Coast.

I started reloading 5 - 6 years ago when I was paying $16 for 1000 CCI primers (small & large pistol) in a small town in Montana. Now I'm lucky if I can find them locally for $32.
Powders were in $19 range and $70 for a 5 pound jug of AA#2. AA#2 is now unobtainium (I have 7 pounds left) so I've been using Ramshot Silhouette and have in the ball park of 15 pounds all at $25 plus per pound. For the AR I use H335 and Tac. The last time I picked up a keg of H335 was in Lewistown Montana and nabbed 2 kegs for $153 per keg. Been back there 4 times trying to get more to no avail.
Sad... I used to be able to make 1K of 45acp for about $118 and 9mm for $95. Now it's $170 and $125 because even the Xtreme bullets have gone up a BUNCH!
I do have a box of 50 HSM .223 marked $6
AND I blame it all on our current LEADER:mad::mad::mad:

Just finished up an old can of H110 today and noticed the "clearance" price tag. First off, can you imagine seeing that word on handgun powder now days? The price was $10.48 for a pound. Granted, I have had this powder for I while since I haven't been loading much 44 mag lately, but wow, what a price.

So, of the powders on your shelf that you are currently using, what has the lowest price tag?

You bored?

But...but I don't have it emptied yet! After posting that pic I got to wondering how many of my other powders were pre bar code. I used to do a lot of handgun and rifle shooting. Then in the early 90s I started shooting registered trap and stopped metallic reloading except enough for hunting. Yikes! I'm getting old. All these are almost full and I know I have some empty ones around here somewhere too, and none have bar codes.
NoBarCode.jpg

Last Edited:
I have used powder from the 40's that is good, and also many that were from the 60's and 70's that were stored properly and they are all still good.
I sure liked the prices back then :D

Had 2 50 lb kegs of 4831 that I got for about a buck a lb.
Sadly we lost that when the house burned in the 80's due to squirrels in the wiring.
Made for an interesting fire I guess though LOL. At least that was what the FD told me.
Looked like a Canaveral launch site for a min or two. LOL.
I was very very heavy into reloading in those days and long before.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top