JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is the can showing signs of corrosion? Is it an actual can vs a plastic jug? If so you could have iron oxide from the inner walls of the can mixed in with the powder... if so... you could just put in a magnet and swish it around a while, take it out, clean it, swish and repeat.

Or put the powder in a fine mesh sieve and do the same thing with a magnet. sift the powder over the magnet and extract the iron oxide from the powder like that. Might take a couple passes though to get it out.

But powder is still fairly cheap by the pound (if you can get it) so I'd just say pitch it.

The red dust is NOT from the can, the inside is still shiny.
It's comin' off the extruded sticks of the powder.
It is clearly seen inside the silver funnel after dropping a few charges.
I'm just earmarking it for the trash unless I hear otherwise.
Better safe than blown all to hell!
:s0077:
Thanx

All powders contain compounds like diphenylamine, which when exposed to excess nitrogen, or nitrates turns red in color. It's typically added to soak up any unstable nitrogen compounds that come off powder. If there's enough of it that you can detect the red, it's time to go bye-bye. However, you can still take it out in the yard and set it on fire

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top