JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ive got this great guy that I go to for advice, components, and troubleshooting. He pulled out his orignal Pacific ram press today and offered it to me for $100 bucks. ITs like no press ive ever seen before..... Its 3 presses with 1 handle... not a turrent press. Picture a single stage press just times 3. Anyone ever seen one? And are old presses reliable? Its in awesome shape, looks great. If I got it id probably go get it powder coated fresh blue.

Without a picture it's hard to say. It could be an old shot shell reloader or a regular loader that functions like a shot shell as in moving the round down thru each die/stage.

Its for regular reloading. He says he bought it new in 68'. Used it for every caliber in the book. Real mean looking thing. The sizing is on the right, then middle whatever, left whatever. I cant believe I didnt get the model. But its 3 going left to right, not in a circle. Doesnt look like standard vintage presses, looks modern? Il try to find a picture online

There we go. Pacific Super Mag. Found this pic on google, but thats it

_35_zps82a2f353.jpg

I loaded using a Pacific single ram press of the same era and the shell holders were an itegral part of the ram which had to be swiched over . I believe I still have one lying around that slipped by when I sold my press . I still see them ( used ) at some older gun shops as well as most gun shows . Some later models came with a universal quick change shell holder feature . I believe you can still get a ram to convert to the quick change from both RCBS and CH tool and die compamies . Pacific was the early leader in reloading presses for years and many other companies copied there designs which later created the demand for the new fangled quick change ram . Didnt take long for the public to figure out the difference in price between a single shell holder vs. a complete ram to be able to load different calibres .

10 Spot

Last Edited:
I converted this super mag for the quick change, the set screw was a pain and 2 of the 3 were stripped. Again, this was my best investment for reloading. I've loaded hundreds now in over 5 calibers with ease and speed.

Standard shell holders snap right in the old Pacific presses like the one shown.

The three rams have set screws. And the shell holder comrs loose just a little bit, when I expand the cases, on the down stroke. I can't tighten the screws to much for fear of stripping them. So I am looking for some type of adaptor. I love the press, just hope I can figure this out. Its driving me nuts.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top