Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Old Men are Smart and Dangerous!

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by zeezee, Jan 22, 2011.

1. zeezee

zeezee nowheresville Member

George Phillips, an elderly man, from Meridian, Mississippi,was going up to bed, when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window. George opened the back door to go turn off the light, but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.

He phoned the police, who asked "Is someone in your house?"

He said "No," but some people are breaking into my garden shed and stealing from me.

Then the police dispatcher said "All patrols are busy. You should lock yourdoors and an officer will be along when one is available."

George said, "Okay.

He hung up the phone and counted to 30. Then he phoned the police again.

"Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed... Well, you don't have to worry about them now because I just shot and killed them both, the dogs are eating them right now." and he hung up.

Within five minutes, six Police Cars, a SWAT Team, a Helicopter, two Fire Trucks, a Paramedic, and an Ambulance showed up at the Phillips' residence, and caught the burglars red-handed.

One of the Policemen said to George, "I thought you said that you'd shot them!"

George said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"
    :laugh::thumbup::laugh:

Gunslinger's Journal: Old Men are Smart and Dangerous!

2. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

Chock full of win.

3. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Funny how that happens. I don't know it that story is true, but if it isn't, it ought to be.

Had a real ***hat living two doors over from me several years ago. Without going into all the sordid details, I'd had to call the cops more than once on this drunken yahoo. One night when he was standing on the sidewalk in front of my house screaming at me to come out and fight I called the cops and asked them to come deal with this guy. Same kind of answer. I told them that was no problem; he was threatening me and I was armed so I would just deal with it myself. I opened the front door just long enough to say the police were on the way and went back inside. They were there in two minutes. His landlord evicted him about 6 mos later. :D

4. SheepDog223

SheepDog223 Salem Well-Known Member

a Paramedic, and an Ambulance? Is there a link to a news article or is this just a funny?

5. zeezee

zeezee nowheresville Member

6. SheepDog223

SheepDog223 Salem Well-Known Member

Yeah, I looked at the link. I presume that if the story has some truth, it has been"evolved" to bring out an enhanced sense of poetic justice.

Also NWFA rules do say something about making sure that what you post is true to the best of your knowledge.

7. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

:violinist:
    Do you really have to be the person who starts bickering about the validity of an anecdotal story?
    Do you really believe that rule applies to things like this?
    Sad.

Anywho, here's what snopes has to say about this story:
    snopes.com: Response Time