JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Calculus? I really liked calculus. It's a shame that the most useful, interesting, coolest math comes long after most people have quit trying to math.

Engineers will get what I mean. Just doing optimization problems has helped me in life cause I'm so cheap.

Welcome to the forum, old man! If you have any terrible math jokes, I'd love to hear them.

I pocket carry 99% of the time. S&W 9mm Shield with Crimson Trace laser in a DeSantis Super Fly holster. [SUPER FLY HOLSTER, Pocket Holster, Concealed Carry Holsters, DeSantisHolster.com] The rubberized outer coating keeps the holster in place, and the reversible outer flap breaks up the triangular outline of the gun.

I have an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck inside the waistband holster that I sometimes use. Can't fault it, but I have a paunch and flat butt, so even when I cinch my belt to where I can hardly breathe, the weight of the gun & holster slowly drag my pants down. Out in the woods I carry a full-size pistol or revolver in a suitable leather holster.

Welcome, @parsonsr2 !
We're not all nutters here - a lot of us are SAD sacks. (Seasonal Affected Disorder) It's one of the check boxes on our BGC forms, just above the box for Twinkie addiction.
I'd speculate that most of us know calculus as the gritty stuff on the back of our teeth. :D

I taught mostly like i was taught. Which has been going on for roughly 3000 yr. So common core math is just another pre doctorate idea of how to teach the subject of math with out practical experience of teaching it. I one professor who had not been a class room for more than 20 except college. He or she jad no idea of a student not wanting to learn or even be there. To me school was a warm place with centetal heat and cooling later, hot food, and indoor bath(rest) room. So i gave and expected respect. Back to subject on 1958 SMSG was formed. Books were computer old time hugh computer print out. Written by college professor with lits of theory snd little connection to real life. So this too(common core) will pass. Easy way to multiply by 5. Divide the number by 2 then multjply by 10. 13 x 5= 13÷2×10= 6.5 x 10= 65. East short cut. Bytheway OK has tallest hill one foot short of a mountain. :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top