JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Lurked and read this forum for a while. Many interesting posts, and may occasionally have something to offer.
I have been a handloader since early 60's, remember buying 4831 surplus powder from Larry's Oregon City, bring your own container, or get in paper bag, 25 cents a pound. Ackleys Handbooks for Shooters and Reloaders at Value Mart for a couple bucks. I have loaded rifle cartridges from 17 Rem. 228 Ackley Magnum to 30 Newton to 458 Win, as well as handgun cartridges 25ACP to 45ACP and rimmed 32 to 45. Love to hunt , deer and elk mostly, with some success over the last 55+ years. I was there at the armory off 33rd and Marine Drive when we formed the "Multnomah County Citizens Safety Committee" pac, thank you Ken, Augie, Erik, and others. Taught Oregon Hunter Education until I couldn't stand the politics.
Interests: cartridges, precision handloading, and firearms as art, tools, collectibles, and history.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

Lurked and read this forum for a while. Many interesting posts, and may occasionally have something to offer.
I have been a handloader since early 60's, remember buying 4831 surplus powder from Larry's Oregon City, bring your own container, or get in paper bag, 25 cents a pound. Ackleys Handbooks for Shooters and Reloaders at Value Mart for a couple bucks. I have loaded rifle cartridges from 17 Rem. 228 Ackley Magnum to 30 Newton to 458 Win, as well as handgun cartridges 25ACP to 45ACP and rimmed 32 to 45. Love to hunt , deer and elk mostly, with some success over the last 55+ years. I was there at the armory off 33rd and Marine Drive when we formed the "Multnomah County Citizens Safety Committee" pac, thank you Ken, Augie, Erik, and others. Taught Oregon Hunter Education until I couldn't stand the politics.
Interests: cartridges, precision handloading, and firearms as art, tools, collectibles, and history.

Would it be too much to ask if you also liked trains? Oregon has an incredible railroad heritage, I know, a friend of mine got hit by one on a grade crossing a while back, and it's one of the things we love about the place.

Oh, and the shooting, too, of course. ;)

We live in Eastern UK, btw, and come over whenever we can.

Would it be too much to ask if you also liked trains? Oregon has an incredible railroad heritage, I know, a friend of mine got hit by one on a grade crossing a while back, and it's one of the things we love about the place.

Oh, and the shooting, too, of course. ;)

We live in Eastern UK, btw, and come over whenever we can.
Playing "chicken" with trains and sign-shooting is great sport out here.
The highway dept. has to be careful about where they put up "deer crossing" signs.
Those get ventilated first.

:)

hello sir. i remember as a young kid, dad used to buy bullets from a rotating nail bin at a hardware store in lewiston, by the pound, paper sack too. happy to make your aquaintance.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top