JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello!
I look forward to the exchanges, and hope I can add a measly bit of interest myself. I like things that go bang…
My quest as of now is to engage with folks who where prescription eyeglasses and also use scopes…
I realized that I was wearing my readers while sighting in the other day since I was naturally so close to the scope and thought hmmm, maybe I should wear my transitional lenses and man……they didn't help… couldn't find the happy place since the lower lens for reading caused me to move my head up. What have you done to over come poor eyesight and using scopes?
Anyways, late night ramblings from a old guy who's new here. Cheers!
The Dirty-30 guy

Elmo Hello GIF by Sesame Street

OK-um.png

Currently, I were contact lenses. I mostly use simple shooting glasses. Though, I have also been debating getting a Rx lens/glasses for shooting only to wear with the contact lenses. I don't shoot too much with a scope.

Anyway.....when I wore glasses it was bi-focals. I simply looked through the top part of the glasses to see through a scope. Use whatever part of the glasses suits you, for when shooting irons. Some shooters that I knew (in Hawaii) even had special Rx shooting only glasses.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Thank you for the hello's! @Gunner3456 , I do move the dials around🤣 , but I'm no sniper! I can over think things sometimes too. I went down the rabbit hole of… if I need to see far away- I need my transitions, if I'm reading or doing intricate work like an Atlantic Salmon fly - I'll need my readers. So I mossy on up to the rifle rest and I had my transitions on and couldn't find "clear" precise, I replace them with the readers and I'm seeing clear again. I'm sure it's an easy fix, I'm just difficult 😎.
Cheers y'all

Welcome to the forum..
I also am older have have issues with eyesight and aiming. I can't help with any suggestions with your scope, but I have found that I see a fiber-optic front sight (I see green best) better than other types of "iron sights".

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top