Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Old Glory Gun Safes?

Discussion in 'Gun Safes & Secure Storage' started by MilitantBEEMER, Dec 27, 2015.

1. MilitantBEEMER

MilitantBEEMER Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Anybody have experience with Old Glory Gun Safes? I have been looking at Ft Knox (Have positive experience with) but came across this brand and they seem to be built very nicely and price is a tad less. The only thing I am not sure of is external hinges? Have always had internal.

Here is a link http://www.oldglorygunsafes.com/

Thank you for any feedback you can supply.

2. filsonhand

filsonhand In the Silicon Forest Smooth as a Rhino 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I saw nothing on where they are actually made :s0092:

3. MilitantBEEMER

Me neither. Looks like offices in Missouri and Tigard Oregon. I would be curious as to where manufacturing takes place

4. MilitantBEEMER

Found this under the FAQ section

Bummer.

Our contracted O.E factories include Southern California, Mexico & China. Our Gun Safe lines are designed in-house however we use contract factories to leverage the highest quality for the lowest price including lower shared costs and access to advanced machinery.

5. B5Ben

B5Ben Boise Well-Known Member

I do not know anything about old glory safes, but I would not worry about external hinges. They are actually a nice feature as the door is fully secure with the locking bars when locked but can be removed when moving the safe from one place to another cutting the weight significantly.

filsonhand likes this.
  6. MilitantBEEMER

Never thought of that. I am now more worried about country of manufacturing....

7. B5Ben

B5Ben Boise Well-Known Member

Check out sturdysafe.com. It's a great no frills safe company that uses American labor and materials. They also have several videos on YouTube doing some torture testing.

8. MilitantBEEMER

Will do thank you