JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
After decades of dreaming about attending a class at Gunsite I finally made it a few weeks ago with my bride (@SouthernGirl ). I decided well before arriving that I was going to be completely open and try everything suggested. Old dogs can learn new tricks.

To keep this short and not too wandering it was an amazing experience. The staff was fantastic and seemed to find ways to connect with each student individually. Lots of work from the holster at fast but accurate speeds (lost track of how many times I heard that you can't miss fast enough...). Met some great folks from all across the country. One of the many highlights were the runs through the indoor shoot houses (360 degrees, frangible ammo) and the outdoor live fire simulators. Felt very safe all week as well.

The week ended at the Cooper's home on the property with a tour by Mrs. Cooper, who turned 99 last week. This was simply awe inspiring to say the least. Already signed up for the alumni shoot in October and plan on going back for more. Let me know if you have any questions.

And of course my firearm was a 1911 in 45 ACP. (But they are completely accepting of .380 magnums, aka 9mm.)

Been there many times and have learned so much. Janelle (Mrs. Cooper) and my wife share the same name and play off of each other when we arrive. Love the basement at their home!! Keep up on the training and looking forward to seeing you at the alumni shoots!

One of my regrets is not going to Gunsite while I lived in Buckeye, AZ. The 250 Pistol is much like the training we received on the police department which leaves you feeling confident and competent.

That said, FYI, Gunsite Academy is doing a 3-day off-site training Aug 16-18, 2019 in the PNW -- the Seattle 150 Pistol Class.

That said, FYI, Gunsite Academy is doing a 3-day off-site training Aug 16-18, 2019 in the PNW -- the Seattle 150 Pistol Class.

My wife attended the 150 last year for ladies (along with the two extra days sometimes offered). She really enjoyed the class. Similar info as the 250 but at a kinder pace. Think it helped here to prepare for the 250 as she had already been introduced to some of the concepts.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top