1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Old Coots versus YouTube

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by elsullo, May 25, 2009.

1. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

A lot of us less computer savvy old guys might not know what a great resource YouTube is for gun information. It is truly an astounding resource of good technical information and firearm demonstration, not just of idiots bump-firing and having comical kabooms.

Hundreds of heroic posters at YouTube have made videos of product and gun demos and evaluations, and cleaning/stripping/assembly/tuneup proceedures. Even old manufacturer sales demo tapes are available! Everything is searchable, and links lead to further links, so that you can just search for a particular brand name and model and likely find dozens of useful short videos.

Even old coots like me can find tons of useful firearm videos on YouTube! Just try not to get sidetracked watching young fools have kabooms......................elsullo :laugh:
  2. capdek

capdek Oregon Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I'm also amazed at all the useful gun-related information you can find on YouTube. I found a great video there on how to properly clean and maintain your Glock. The internet is such a great resource for finding out anything about anything. :)
  3. Grizzly_A

Grizzly_A Portland Metro Area Member

Isn't YouTube neat? There's a TON of stuff on there that's gun related. I've spent many hours of my life following the videos.
  4. tattoo

tattoo NorthWest Active Member

Yea. I watched a guy blow a hole through the web of his hand, with a hand gun. Can you say DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME. :bluelaugh: COOL. :thumbup:
  5. torpedoman

torpedoman land of corrupt politicians Member