JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I do not know much about this revolver, It was my Grandfathers and has been sitting around for years.
In the past year I have developed an interest in the gun hobby and purchased a Sig 9mm and DPMS AR-15.
I have been having a lot of fun with them and am now looking to trade this revolver for something more modern that I could get some use out of.
Please feel free to message me with any questions or trade offers. Thank you.

32 break top smith & Wesson revolver 5 shot. Top of the barrel reads

“Smith & Wesson Springfield Mass USA APAT'D JAN 17 24 65 JULY 11 65 AUG 24 69 JULY 25 71 DEC 2 79 MAY 11 & 25 1880”

Revolver comes with original box and cleaning brush. Side of the box reads – SMITH & WESSON DOUBLE 32 ACTION NICKEL 3 ¼ INCH

IMAG0459.jpg

IMAG0460.jpg

IMAG0461.jpg

heck I would keep it clean it up and shoot it, I do like the box "directions for use" love it. A real piece of S&W and your family history.

Thank you guys for your info and recommendations. In regards to keeping the gun, I have many things from my Grandfather that hold a family value to me, If this revolver was important to him , trust me I would never get rid of it.
That being said, I received a ton of PM's today about a sell amount or more specific trade options.
I am meeting with my FFL on Monday to get an estimate on what he thinks it is worth.
As far as trades, I would like something newer, maybe 380 , 22, or 22LR, Even something the girlfriend could learn to shoot with would be cool.
As I said I purchased an AR-15, most of it is already up graded but I do need a nice case for it , or if you have anything AR let me know.
I can always throw in some cash if you have something you feel is worth more than the revolver.

QUESTION ? In one of the PM's I received today, they said I could ship without an FFL because the gun is an antique. Is this true ?

Thanks again for all the interest, this is a great forum.

If your pistol is an antique, it is not regulated or regarded by the ATF as a firearm and therefore can be shipped to any private party, the same as if you were buying or selling any other legally owned product.

Antique Firearm

26 U.S.C. § 5845(G)

For the purposes of the National Firearms Act, the term "Antique Firearms" means any firearm not intended or redesigned for using rim fire or conventional center fire ignition with fixed ammunition and manufactured in or before 1898 (including any matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap or similar type of ignition system or replica thereof, whether actually manufactured before or after the year 1898) and also any firearm using fixed ammunition manufactured in or before 1898, for which ammunition is no longer manufactured in the United States and is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade.

Make sure you do your research before making any hasty decisions. It is my opinion that your pistol does not meet the antique critera and is considered a curio and relic for all intensive purposes as defined by the law.

If the buyer you would like to ship to is a curio and relic license holder, and this model of pistol is included in the appendix for curio and relic firearms, it would be perfectly legal to ship to that license holder.

FYI - A curio and relic license is a license obtained through the ATF for the purposes of buying collector firearms that are not regulated as modern firearms and have been placed on the appendix A under curio and relic firearms.

Get this independently appraised and good luck.

If this is a five shot then it is a 38 S&W. The 32's were 6 shot.

It appears the box may not match the gun

Also
Be carefull as this was built before smokeless powder.

You have to classify using NRA antique where very good is 0-30% finish. Fine is over 30% finish which this is. You can't rate it as a modern gun.

You have a point, using that standard it meets fine condition. I stand corrected.

Not to long ago you would have been hard pressed to get over $50 for this revolver, today it's considerably more.

The OP can tract this auction for an idea of value.
Smith and Wesson .32 DA S&W 2nd model revolver : Antique Guns at GunBroker.com

These are built well and copied by many. I would have a smiffy double check for cracks, but that's rare on this gun unless someone tried smokeless in it As long as everything locks up and timing is good, it can be shot with black powder with no hesitation. Just remember to clean thourowly when done.
I'd be interested once there is a value placed on it. PM me if you want.

You have a museam piece! Smith and Wesson historians can help you with lots of details. Do not trade nor sell this one. The box and the gun are very valuable together.

You have a museam piece! Smith and Wesson historians can help you with lots of details. Do not trade nor sell this one. The box and the gun are very valuable together.

Thats good to hear. I would like to learn more about this gun. I am becoming more and more interested in it as I read the S&W antique forums. Thanks

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.