JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Saw the world, been in a combat zone as a contractor and somehow ended up in the PNW. Finally feel ready to take up recreational target shooting. I think the possible incoming regulations finally pushed me to get started.

Saw the world, been in a combat zone as a contractor and somehow ended up in the PNW. Finally feel ready to take up recreational target shooting. I think the possible incoming regulations finally pushed me to get started.

So you've been to, and operated in a combat zone only to settle down in another one to live….. man, you've got issues.

;) :D

So you've been to, and operated in a combat zone only to settle down in another one to live….. man, you've got issues.

;) :D
You don't know the half of it! Feel like I've been in one since I was 18. Used to be you could drive onto Fort Hood, gates were wide open, no checks ever. First time I ever had a gun pointed at me was on September 11th 2001 as they were closing the base. I was trying to make a computer delivery for my job to a school on post. I had no clue what was going on in New York. My situational awareness developed since then has served me well.

Welcome from East Anglia, England. There are a good few of us here with military experience of one kind or another - you'll probably fit right in with the rest of us.

A robust sense of humour is a pre-requisite, but I'm sure you'll figure that out for yourself.

Although I'm not 'zackly a 'brat', my late father was in an army of sorts in the early '20's of the last century. At least, they called themselves an army, and the British occupiers called them a bunch of armed thugs, but in the end, gave them what they wanted - independence.

Sounds kind familiar, don't it? ;)

1672798270575.png

Aloha, Mark

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODF supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODF supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

I can't help but giggle a little. Last 501c3 I volunteered for I ended up as the registered LLC holder less than a year later. Still not sure how I ended up leading it. Heck maybe some of you know it. ;) Will def get involved once I get started practicing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top