JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As for me, I will obey this law if passed. Too durned bad that I happened to be cleaning my guns at the time of the incident and had several unfortunate accidental discharges... I guess that's why they call me butterfingers...

"Someone broke into my house, and I had a negligent discharge while field stripping my glock, five times..."

Don't sweat it! Just a good reminder of what they tried before and,.. :mad:what we can expect.
Keep staying involved and wake up as many others as you can to their stupid ideas on gun restrictions.

FULL TRUE, Just stop putting My BP through the roof :)
At least til the end of the year.
Had enough damned excitement for 2014.............:s0039:

Don't sweat it! Just a good reminder of what they tried before and,.. :mad:what we can expect.
Keep staying involved and wake up as many others as you can to their stupid ideas on gun restrictions.

Us who pay attention see the past as an indication of the future when nothing changes. Nothing changed.

Stock up on receivers and magazines. Be a capitalist when they become banned.

We will not comply.

I don't see how a bill similar to SB 760 can get any traction. I would think that womens' rights groups would be screaming bloody murder about a law that effectively says rape and assault are their own fault because they didn't run away.

I'm old. I view any law that requires a person to run away from a threat as age discrimination generally as well as a specific violation of the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act), and contradictory to the SCOTUS ruling that humans have a right to self defense.

We're being subverted by the college vote. As it stands now the college students in Oregon can register as residents of the district they live in on campus, or maintain their registrations wherever they came from. Democratic organizers continually harangued my son to change his registration to his PSU address so he could vote for Burdick. For financial aid purposes, he has to remain a dependent of mine on my taxes. What we need is a new election law that says if you are a dependent on someone's federal and state taxes then your voting address is theirs. That would take about 25,000 liberal college votes out of Burdick's district. It would do the same in many other locked in Democratic districts.

Anyone know how we get the initiative process started here in Oregon?

Anyone know how we get the initiative process started here in Oregon?
You file a petition with the Secretary of State and start gathering signatures.

A quicker way is to propose the changes to your state representatives in the legislature. That's what I've done, and it's been referred to the state legislature's Republican leader for action.

With the new 2A hostile Oregon state legislature the Initiative process is our only, though slim, shot. Sadly, our odds for the next two years are worse than that of a box of donuts in front of Rosie O'Donnell's couch.

And, yes, pressure and support our legislators as needed. They will over reach and our time will come.

Last Edited:
You file a petition with the Secretary of State and start gathering signatures.

A quicker way is to propose the changes to your state representatives in the legislature. That's what I've done, and it's been referred to the state legislature's Republican leader for action.
An initiative bypasses the legislature however, which is majority anti-gun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top