Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Old and new.

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by Ranb, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Ranb

Ranb Belfair, WA Active Member

A Winchester model 06 and 1895 Nagant with form 1 cans. The rifle has little collector value as it has been rebarreled. I needed to raise the sights by about .15". I weld built up the front sight and raised the rear sight with a piece of shim stock. It is not perfect though. I have to remove the can to reload the tube mag. I might make an offset can someday to make it look more like the original Maxim.

I threaded the Nagant barrel and put an adaptor on it to mount my 9mm can. The can covers the front sight, but is it a simple matter to align the sights and hold the can right under the target. It is a bit louder than my suppressed 22lr pistols.
    oldandnew.jpg

Ranb

2. korntera

korntera Oregon Member

Videos?

3. Ranb

I have video of the Nagant posted elsewhere on the forum from when I was in Vegas, but I have to wait until July 22nd to make any more video. I just threaded the rifle this last weekend. I expect the rifle to sound rather nice, better than the 10/22.

Ranb

4. sigman

sigman Olympia, Wa Member

Randy is that the revolver where the cylinder actually moves forward to tighten the flash gap?

5. Ranb