JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've shot lots and lots of super old 30-06 ball of various vintage.. of course being military, the primers and necks were lacquered.. they all went bang no probs.
Your call. Maybe they are collectible and would fetch a fair price?
Who made it/particulars?

Yellow box Winchester Super X and green box Remington I believe. Don't feel like walking out to the shop to make sure. From the 70's I'd guess.

Unless it is all corroded, just shoot it. From the 70's is not old at all. By subject line I thought you meant something from the 1890's 1910's or 1920's LOL

My wife found a .22 Long Rifle Golden Bullet while cleaning up a rental. She handed it to me and I forgot to take it out of my jeans pocket when I put them in the wash.

She found it in the washer, and left it out. I decided to see if it survived the ordeal and fired it. It went off just normal! :D

I just like the old boxes. About half my collection are full boxes, the other half empty. Anywhere from early early cartridge up to the early 80's. I've attempted to shoot some of the old commercial ammo and had various luck. A few rounds of .30-40 krag made me look like a goof as I stood there making sure the misfire wasn't just a hangfire...

So now I just leave the old ammo in the boxes. Makes for a nice display in my shop. Need to figure out a better way to display them, as the shelf is getting too full...

I have half a box of live 40-82 and some empty brass......I also have the tool to mold the bullets, and process/reload the brass. Also have the Winchester Mod. '86 that shoots, used to shoot the cartridge. I'm thinking the live rounds are mid '40s, as I believe that's when my dad most likely picked up the gun.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top