JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a friend that is selling older model 870.

It doesn't have vent rib barrel or graving in walnut stock....it just has grip in front slide. The condition of it is 85 to 90 percent. It would of been higher but I refinished the stock for him that was damaged from clue in old gun case. The clue eat through the finish.

I'm thinking of buying it.

The question is what would be a fair offer. Since he is a friend and don't want to low-ball him, but at the same time I don't want to over pay for it as well.

Thanks in advance

Conan.

Are you sure it's a Wingmaster? I've never seen one (doesn't mean they don't exist) without checkering on the stock and fore stock.

The exception to that is the short barreled police models. No checkering that I've seen.

Some Wingmasters had vented ribs, some didn't, at least for many years.

Does it have Wingmaster stamped in the receiver?

FWIW I've seen really nice ones, 95% with checkered stocks sell for $200-$400 depending on who's buying and selling.

Thanks for your reply.

Its identical to this one.

Like I said I had to redo the wood on this since the felt clue had eat through the finish, but other then that the gun is in near perfect condition.

He also has a pre-64 30-30 (made in 61) that is 98/99 percent. That is in perfect condition. But I'm not interested in that..... but he is selling it.

There are lots of things I've never seen so I don't know.

The wood looks the same as the police guns - just the same. The barrel is too long for that. The police guns were Wingmasters and had that stamped on the receivers.

It could be a rebarreled police gun, or maybe it was made like that.

Does the gun actually say Wingmaster on the metal receiver?

Yes it does.

It's identical to my 20 gauge that I bought in 72 that I long since sold.

I do have newer wingmaster 12 gauge with vent rib, but I don't like it for hunting....only for trap shooting.

BTW I do need a new barrel for that gun.

BTW, to me that's a $175 shotgun IF it's a Wingmaster. If it isn't a Wingmaster, I wouldn't want it. To someone else...?

Wingmasters were pretty much top of the line - good guns. Last I knew they still made them new, about $600+ on sale. Maybe $700 loaded out.

If it were checkered furniture, 95+%, really nice, maybe $350 max used.

Nice find on the 30-30. Not my thing, but someone will grab it.

Yes it does.

It's identical to my 20 gauge that I bought in 72 that I long since sold.

I do have newer wingmaster 12 gauge with vent rib, but I don't like it for hunting....only for trap shooting.

BTW I do need a new barrel for that gun.

Oops, missed your post. You need a new barrel for which gun?

i have an 870 wingmaster thats in almost new condition.it should have a black cap on the bottom of the stock near the trigger that has a duck emblam.its an excelent hunting gun i wont sell mine but my friends have offered me 4 to 500 dollars for it.for a hunter its very much worth it to a gun shop , well they would only offer about a 150 bucks for it.mine was purchased in 1972 its my baby i shoot it more than my mossberg , it just feels better.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top