JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys,
What are your thoughts on the stamps on these old .223 rounds I found? They recently came up from Arizona, nice and dry. I did a search and learned some things like year of manufacture, but I was curious what some of you more knowledgeable gentlemen might have to say.
I have 500 rounds. About 35% are hollow point. Some appear to have shorter bullets, across all of the various stamps. (Some are stamped LC 84 -no picture).
Thanks!

20220112_191653.jpg 20220112_191744.jpg 20220112_191958.jpg 20220112_192040.jpg 20220112_192057.jpg 20220112_192321.jpg 20220112_191121.jpg

Looks like all reloads.
I've had some lots like that of various cartridges.
Pretty much all just good for components.
I just recently pulled apart several hundred 30-06 that looked just like that. I thought I had two different loads...turned out to be two different bullet styles with two different weights each.
I weighed many of the powders and the charges were all over the place, as well as three visually different powders.
Just good for the primed cases and pelled bullets. The primed cases might even have wildly different primers!

Joe

Oh, and free stripper clips! Did you get the loading shoe too? It connects the clip to Stanag type mags so you can shove the rounds into the mag.
I mean, some of them might be okay-the LC's in the pics don't look like the primer pockets have had the crimp removed-someone else may have already used the primed military cases to reload.
You just don't know.....
Are you willing to chance it?

Pull 'em down for the components.

Joe

Crud. Thanks for the input so far guys. I think that I may need to get back to my friend who sourced these for me and give them back to him, and get my $100 back. I don't load so components are not worth anything loose to me. There is a total of 491 rounds. Any ideas of what that maybe be worth in broken down components?
I am feeling like I don't want to run a bunch of unknowns through my guns.

Backstory: My friend has a friend whose father died recently and had all of this ammo laying around for years and years. When the guy went to clear out his estate he found all of this ammo, but no guns. He himself doesn't own guns (Californian....pffft) so he offered it all to my friend, not knowing what it all is.

*EDIT @ 10:30......Found some LC 68 stamps one some of these. I am for sure going to sell these for components to another friend I have.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads