JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Awesome point I guess I will go out and buy a 5k 1911. Not like I don't practice with my gun to know it works, pulled it straight out of the wrap and started carrying it. That way when I sell it I can say I have zero rounds through it and Nearly new and ask 800 for a brand new glock on this forum.

Anyways I was just saying that it could happen and if you are attached to the gun it could pose a problem as we know LEO are sometimes a pita to work with.

gouging is at work even on the talking forum that gun went from 1k to 5k in 26 hrs.

so you have a 1k gun and you say you would rather have a throwaway gun to defend yourself because you might have a problem getting it back? what do you do for a gun while the cops have the throwaway gun go without???? because if you have to defend yourself again we know you don't want to deal with the pita the cops will give you for your 1k gun. personally I would start from the best (quality) that I can afford and then gown downward from there. guess it depends on how much your life is worth to you. and I am sure your carry gun is reliable just like that closeout parachute will more than likely work if you need it but do you want to bet your life on it? I personally want the best I can afford when I have a choice and go from there but to each their own.

I would never say glocks are better than 1911's or any other gun. I think there are a lot of really reliable guns out there. I hope people are not taking their weapons, throwing them through dirt and seeing if it fires. That would scare me. I don't care if I see it on a youtube video, I'm not trying it. I also saw a guy on youtube eating a whole tube of caulk, sounds delicious, but I'll pass.

Another thing about a 1911 holding 7 or 8 rounds. I prefer more rounds because I don't know how I will act if I do have to use it. I think I will be able to hit a person at close range, but I'm not for sure. I'll probably have so much adrenaline running through my body I won't be able to hit anything. I don't get much practice shooting at live humans that are trying to kill me. I will take as many rounds as I can have. I always have at least 35 rounds on me. Might be an overkill, I don't think so.

thats was a target shooter 1911, not a gun meant for carrying anyway. when you take a target pistol that has had all of its tolerances tightened up for accuracy, of course its going to fail with sand it in. not to mention he was shuffling the 1911 in the sand while he was clearing his glock.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top