Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Okay. Finally putting up a rant discussion

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by MrCaprioni, May 27, 2013.

1. MrCaprioni

MrCaprioni Bend,Oregon Active Member

So I just watched a video on a torture test between Glock 19 and a 1911. The guy said that the reason you should not carry a 1911 for self defense because it cant hold up to the the wear and tear of a self defense pistol. So they proceeded to throw them in the dirt and completely cover them. THIS IS THE ISSUE WITH TORTURE TESTS. When I carry my $1000 1911 for self defense I am not going to take my 1911 out of the holster tell the person trying to bust my *** to hold on throw it in the dirt and then try to protect myself. We as gun owners know that yes the Glock will work and is tested to work and yes it does hold more rounds then a 7 round 1911 but I am here to say if you cant hit someone with 7 rounds from 15 yards you should just throw the gun at them... I am so tired of people saying 1911's suck and are not as good as Glocks. When James Yeager says that you need as many rounds as you can in a gunfight... We are not in a warzone. Most self defense situations last less the 10 seconds.. 10 freaking seconds and you are never in a gun fight... I am sure I will get people hating on me right now but you know what I also have a Glock 19 that I carry as well so dont say that I dont know anything about Glocks.

Cap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdh2X9CDe38

Brutus57, GOG, 206thsense and 5 others like this.
  2. Soren

Soren Beaverton, Oregon Active Member

Yeah! So There!! (Not to mention any 1911 is a 1911% cooler gun than any Glock could ever be)

But seriously... Yeah! So There!! Same thing could be said about anything anyone carries, for example my Bersa Thunder 380 or Walther PPK/S. I whole heartily agree with everything you said.

MrCaprioni and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

I qualified Sharpshooter in the Navy 30 years ago with a 1911 and I'd never shot one before that day. I'd previously qualified with a .38. If SHTF and if I couldn't have my Ruger P345 then I'd gladly take a 1911 and feel more secure with it as any other side arm.

Brutus Out

4. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

Here lets end that argument

5. Soren

Soren Beaverton, Oregon Active Member

6. phatdoughnut

phatdoughnut The Gorge Active Member

Personally I would not carry a 1k dollar pistol because if you do need to use it will get held up and might be a while until you get it back.

But that's just me.

7. MrCaprioni

Well if I do need my 1k handgun I am sure it will not get held up since it will be in my hands.

That is just me

8. nastybynature

nastybynature ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Active Member

He means( I think anyway) the police will take it into evidence until the trial, or exoneration wait time is over.

9. phatdoughnut

This

10. saxon

saxon springfield Active Member

lol deadeye for the win

11. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

My 1903 Type I Colt is still in fine working order, and a pleasure to hold and shoot 99 years after its manufacturing date. What will a Glock be worth 99 years from now? I'm researching 1911s right now with an eye toward buying one. I'm not even considering anything not 100% steel.

12. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

My 1911s sit in the safe these days and I pack a G22

13. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

so you will carry a cheap throwaway gun to defend your life. bet if you were going on a plane trip and had to supply your own parachute you would buy a closeout model. makes sense to me :rofl1:

14. nwbobber

nwbobber Longview, Wa. Active Member

If people didn't split hairs, internet forums would be boring and lifeless. Statistically I bet it doesn't make much difference what you carry, as long as you can shoot it well. Maybe if you spend your time in the sand riding ATV's, but then I'd be scared a Glock would fail there too. I would carry my USP40.:cool:

P7id10T and (deleted member) like this.
  15. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Ill take any firearm I can get in a firefight but I would and do prefer more rounds.
    Now that being said I do sometimes choose a smaller firearm with a smaller capacity due to concealment and the occasion, BUT that is much different when it comes to my GHB vehicle pistol/rifle.

A small shootout, sure 7 rounds is fine but do you carry a spare magazine? Or two? I do, even if its a 15 rounder. The reason being, I need enough lead to stop the threat, not just to get the job done with ideal shot placement where each round somehow is a perfectly placed head or heart shot.

Am i trying to fire blindly? No not at all, but in any gun fight as with all of them Yeager had a great point: a stationary operator is a dead one. Thus is why he has his M.O.V.E. methodology. "Mobile operators ventilate easily" this meaning you're not going to just go toe to toe with a stationary target. If you do you'll end up dead.

One should move to better and better cover, preferably until youve got the upper hand and of course when and only when the opportunity is there.
    We may not be in a war zone, but the minute they open up itll be one until the threat is gone.

But i digress, i like 1911s and as of late ive been more and more into hammered pistols and double actions. The reason being, i personally have felt more comfortable with a round in the chamber in a da/sa or DC pistol over a round in the chamber of a striker fired pistol. But thats just my preference.

I also really like the look and feel of those compact 1911s (the non caspian framed) single stacks.

MrCaprioni and (deleted member) like this.
  16. phatdoughnut

Awesome point I guess I will go out and buy a 5k 1911. Not like I don't practice with my gun to know it works, pulled it straight out of the wrap and started carrying it. That way when I sell it I can say I have zero rounds through it and Nearly new and ask 800 for a brand new glock on this forum.

Anyways I was just saying that it could happen and if you are attached to the gun it could pose a problem as we know LEO are sometimes a pita to work with.

17. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

18. Rix

Rix Tacoma Active Member

Blah blah blah blah

19. MrCaprioni

Why even write something if you are just going to put Blah blah blah.

20. Rix

Rix Tacoma Active Member

Why put " why even write anything if you're just going to put blah blah blah"?

Because exactly that. Blah blah blah. That's what this topic IS.
    Might as well put the 9mm vs .45 in at the same time.

P7id10T and (deleted member) like this.