Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

OK to shoot steel shot H&R 176 10ga?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Firesweep, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Firesweep

Firesweep Portland Oregon Member

I have a 10Ga. Harrington and Richardson that I really want to shoot but can only find Steel shot. I picked up a box of BB 3 1/2 STEEL. I haven't shot it cause I think steel is bad and I don't want to risk damaging my gun if it cannot handle steel loads. The gun has a 36" full choke barrel. Looked all over the net and there was no information.

Thanks guys!

2. Firesweep

Nevermind I found the answer... NO! Hope I can return this Steel Shot and try to find some lead rounds.

3. cyclesurvival

cyclesurvival Vancouver Well-Known Member

you could try the non steel alternative if its available. i shoot it in my mossberg with no problems. kinda hard to not shoot you favorit shotgun.

4. Firesweep

I found some copper coated shells for about $17.00 for TEN OUCH! I'm thinking since they are lead core they should be fine. I also found some Lead BB 3 1/2 shells for $50.00 per 25... I don't know if BB will be too much for a full choke? I've only shot light loads for fun. But with the Cannon I need something good. :)