JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well after three days of prepping Im spraying some duracoat and ceracoat so far so good I will post some picturtes when done. just to state it the ceracoat is some nasty stuff, even with a resperator it has given me one terible headace.

A headache is unusual for heat cure Cerakote. It is considered VOC free by OSHA and as long as you don't breath wet mist you should not be experiencing anything. 2-3 feet out of the gun and it's harmless dry dust. Harmless as long as you don't stand down wind or under it and inhale it. Any dust is bad for your lungs. The Benzene is the toxic component and it's vapors are heavier than air so they go to the ground and should drift away with your cross ventilation. We don't wear masks of any kind while applying H series Cerakote and no issues here. During Cerakote training they just advised to stay up wind. Are you sure it wasn't the Acetone prep? My son gets a drop of that stuff on his skin and he turns red all over. No problems with the actual H series Cerakote.

Handling recommendations from the MSDS sheet recommends:
Respiratory: Do not breath dust
If mists or aerosols are generated during handling wear a respirator equipped with an
organic vapor cartridge.

Now the air cure is another story. A professional paint and pesticide respirator is a must and special ventilation is required. This is one you don't want to breath at all. Not only will it give you a headache it could knock you out and kill you in a confined area.

As with any product in your shop you should maintain and read the MSDS sheets and if you are in doubt call the manufacturer.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top