JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

which lenght barrel better suits home defense

• 18.5" barrel w/2rd mag ext.

Votes: 31 72.1%
  • 20" barrel w/3rd mag ext.

Votes: 12 27.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had a 20" 590, and switched to an 18.5" 590 A1. 1.5" may not sound like much, but it changes the feel dramatically. Even with the heavier barrel of the A1, it just feels... "livelier" if that makes any sense. I added an S&J Hardware +2 extension and Im probably back up to the weight of the 20" but it is still much quicker around corners, especially with a short LOP stock.

I own two 590A1s. One is a 20" barrel and hold 8 + 1. The other is a 18.5" so it is 5 + 1. I bought a +1 magazine extension from Choate Machine & Tool. It comes with a new spring and a neon-red follower. I'm using the.new follower so I can only put 5+1 in the magazine tube and 1 in the chamber.

This is picture of my first 590A1:

47e39e22-6663-819f.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341285012.759619.jpg

I have a 870 that I use for hunting. What I found was the 18" barrel from Midway that has the rem choke option. The barrel is 18" but comes with the breaching choke tube in it which allows for the 3 round mag extension. I do have to agree that the front end of the gun feels heavy but I contribute that to the fact that the synthetic stocks are cheap and thin.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top