JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I still think its sad that Savage does not chamber any of its rifles for their namesake cartridges.
Regardless of how big or small the sales of such chamberings would be, it just seems like they should do it on principal.
....doesn't it?
I do like the idea of a Tikka T3 in 7mm-08, though, but I wouldn't mind a light, compact Savage turnbolt in .250, either.
Would have been great to have offered thos on their 100th anniversaries, but we just missed them.

Would have been great to have offered those on their 100th anniversaries, but we just missed them.
Just wanted to add, 100th anniversary would've been a great excuse to mod a 110 into a "Model 1920-ish" clone, with a Schnabel fore end stock, chambered in .22-250, .250 Savage and .300 Savage.
...AND THEN, strike a temporary partnership with Winchester to do a limited run of the ammo for the year. Maybe in boxes with vintage labeling on them.
Man, my mouth is watering now!

Last Edited:
Been thinking about my next rifle also, got my M1a all set up, so it's time to consider something else. Maybe a lever gun in 45 colt, to go along with my 3 handguns in 45 colt. Or a thompson contender or encore with a few barrels. Probably something weird and different anyway. I reload and stay away from "new" cartridges.
Actually I seriously checked out an 1898 Springfield recently (aka krag) .
So I'm all over the place.

With all the choices out there, it's tough to decide.
btw I wouldn't touch a savage or remington bolt gun with a stick, go winchester!

NICE!
cant wait to hear how they run, be sure to share the results both good and not so good!

I my self just pulled out one of the last Dumoulin Mausers I stocked up on for a Scout/Guide build, .......................in .500 Jeffery! :)
Going to pattern it after my Ruger Hawkeye Guides, same type stock and stepped and banded barrel, and similar sights to their Gunsite Scout series, though maybe with one of @Velzey s favored Holland Brake, or my old fav. Big Bubba Brake! Just something about that big .500 that really turns my crank, thinking a Scout/Guide in that caliber should be real nice next trip to Alaska, as well as for those big Colorado Grizzlies!
View attachment 1233404
When life slips you a Jeffery, stroke the furry wall…..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top