JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can a FFL travel to another state and buy a long gun for their inventory? Handgun? From another dealer? Private person?

Can a C&R FFL do the same above question (as long as the purchased firearm is on the C&R list)?

Can a Private person by an Antique (pre 1898) in another state same conditions as above?

I am getting seriously interested in Winchester collecting and thinking how fun it would be to travel to a couple of the shows around the country that are known as having a large number of collectable Winchesters. And of course not having to deal with shipping and FFL fee's would make expensive toys a tiny bit less expensive.

Following the state laws where the person is buying the long gun......

If the long gun is legal in their state,anyone can go to another state and buy one,as long as they can legally own a gun.
Handguns need the ffl

I have bought long guns from stores and private parties across state lines. At the store it's no problem, from a private party we met at an FFL, I inspected the long gun, paid the owner and did the background check (cost me $25). After about 20 min I walked out with the AK-74.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Q: Is there a specific license that permits a collector to acquire firearms in interstate commerce?

Yes. The person may obtain a collector's license; however, this license applies only to transactions in curio or relic firearms. The principal advantage of a collector's license is that a licensed collector can acquire curios or relics in interstate commerce.
[27 CFR 478.41(c), (d), <broken link removed> and <broken link removed>]

(I just happen to have the packet laying on the table right now :) )

OK so the pre 1898 toys would be no problem.

The Curios (which include some very recent firearms at least some as new as the 1960's that I know of) would require a C&R License.

And anything not on the Curio list or pre 1898 would require a FFL to handle the transaction and handguns would have to be shipped to the buyers in state FFL for transfer.

Have I got that about right?

Sorry Toxic The chances of me even slowing down to look at a post 1945 military rifle is about nil. I can't even tell you what a MAS-49 Tokarev SVT-40 even look like I think I can spot a FN but maybe not unless an FN49 is the common version.

Just not me thing.

MAS-49 is a french gas operated semi, FN-49 is the auto-loading predecessor to the FAL, Tokarev SVT-40 is a short use Russian gas operated semi made to replace the mosin-nagant, and being american you obviously know what the M1 Garand is :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top