JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have this bronco with a 1978 351w in it.When the oil is cold it has good pressure.As soon as the oil warms up the pressure drops quite a bit.theres also a knock on the passenger side of the engine that is really only there at cruising speeds.It goes away while accelerating and deccelerating.Should I replace the oil pump or is there a different problem?I have no idea how many miles are on the engine as it has been swapped in at some point.thanks

Sounds like you have worn out rod bearings, that is the knock you hear at cruise. Engine rebuild time, if you let it go it could spin the rod bearing and get more costly. Do not try to roll rod bearings into it as the rattling rod is no longer round and is a waste of time and money. Find a reputable shop to listen to it, but by the sounds of it you are going to need to do a rebuild.

Thanks tbucket,The mechanic I just talked to said the same thing as you.He also told me it would probably be cheaper to swap in another engine rather than do a complete rebuild on this one.I found one at a wrecking yard out of a pickup for $500.with exchange.I think it would be the quicker way to go.thanks again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top