JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The video, much like the Mirror doesn't tell the whole truth. Sadly, this example will become the ONLY expected level of force to be used and sets a bad framework but the media and the thugs love it so nothing else matters.

The officer stated that he never felt threatened ?

Indeed, he was obviously stuck in a repeating loop there...VERY fortunate man. :eek:
However, from the *cough* murderer's PoV, I guess it's a good thing he's still alive? You know, to waste the taxpa--er, to get three squares and a cot for the rest of his life...:rolleyes:

If I was back reeling with a guy charging shoot me I would feel threatened. This guy seemed to have a heads up about what the guy might do so I can see not feeling that concerned while you maintain a bead on an unarmed guy who simply wants to die rather than go to jail.
He seemed more upset than angry at the cop and was almost pleading to have the mercy of a bullet as far as I can see. I think the cop did a good job. Let the guy rot rather than give him the easy way out. Had he shot him it would read "Cop shoots unarmed man".

No weapon was visible, backup was on the way, and the officer had essentially an unlimited amount of space in which to continue retreating and trying to deescalate the situation verbally. I admire his restraint, and would like to think I would be able to do the same thing. However.....once the officer tripped and fell he was flat on his back and in grave danger of getting stomped on or kicked in the head, which could have killed him or knocked him out and given the psycho a chance to take his weapon. Had it been me, I think I would have blasted the guy once I was down and unable to retreat further.

I see that one as lose/lose! Expectations of a zero violence self defence by the left and the LEO sure could have died!
Had he been forced to pull the trigger, the body cam would have showed how he continued retreating and trying to talk the guy down, as well as the horribly vulnerable situation he was in once he had fallen and was on his back. Even a whiny liberal would have had a hard time faulting him for pulling the trigger at that point.

Had he been forced to pull the trigger, the body cam would have showed how he continued retreating and trying to talk the guy down, as well as the horribly vulnerable situation he was in once he had fallen and was on his back. Even a whiny liberal would have had a hard time faulting him for pulling the trigger at that point.

Wanna bet!?!? LOL!!!:p

No weapon was visible, backup was on the way, and the officer had essentially an unlimited amount of space in which to continue retreating and trying to deescalate the situation verbally. I admire his restraint, and would like to think I would be able to do the same thing. However.....once the officer tripped and fell he was flat on his back and in grave danger of getting stomped on or kicked in the head, which could have killed him or knocked him out and given the psycho a chance to take his weapon. Had it been me, I think I would have blasted the guy once I was down and unable to retreat further.

I'm in this boat as well...don't mind the back peddle...when he fell and the guy still advanced was definitely my limit...my backup would have responded to me giving him CPR.

I would have just wounded him in the leg...:rolleyes:

That is what I do not get...Why not tase/mase the punk. I would have unloaded all my non lethal stuff.

Easy to say now but who knows what any of us would really do in his shoes. Seems like no matter what we can come up with now he did a pretty good job in the moment. Just hard not to play Monday morning QB!

That is what I do not get...Why not tase/mase the punk. I would have unloaded all my non lethal stuff.

Easy to say now but who knows what any of us would really do in his shoes. Seems like no matter what we can come up with now he did a pretty good job in the moment. Just hard not to play Monday morning QB!

Action beats reaction...his hand could have been on a firearm or a knife and he wanted to be within lunging distance to pull it out. Most officers set up their TASER and Baton to draw from their strong hand anyways...so he would have had to holster, draw his TASER, then deploy it while this meatbag was advancing with an unknown item.

He was clearly the aggressor...he clearly had hostile intent...the officer was extremely vulnerable on his back and should have only back-peddled if he was surprised by his attacker (like coming around the corner) so he could assess if he was a threat or not.

His hesitation to deploy any type of force could have ended badly. Hesitation and complacency kills more officers than any specific instrument (knife, gun, etc.).

Officers too shy to search a groin...too lazy to get out of their vehicle or go to the gym...too complacent to wear their vest or practice with their firearm...too stupid to practice drawing and deploying other items on their belt.

If you knew how many times I've seen an officer not know how to draw the pistol out of their holster, where OC was on their belt...then you've even got a cop that recently shot a guy (just like that BART officer a while back) that shot a suspect when he thought he drew his TASER.

Why does this crap happen?

Mindset...it's a mindset to survive, to kill your aggressor, to attack your attacker...to be alert, fit, and prepared.

fbfb1eb83e2e95b6bb8920ba087a8b2b.jpg

However.....once the officer tripped and fell he was flat on his back and in grave danger of getting stomped on or kicked in the head, which could have killed him or knocked him out and given the psycho a chance to take his weapon. Had it been me, I think I would have blasted the guy once I was down and unable to retreat further.

Go to about 5:10 in this fight and see the officer down pointing his weapon at the jackazz coming at him and the other cop draw on him too. Dude was lucky he walked away, they had already stacked one of them up.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top