JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1) "But then I would have to come up with something clever about pigs..."
Pigs are actually quite intelligent, which negates any comparison to Joy Behar.
2) "Joy B-tard and her ilk are like a bunch of hens in a henhouse."
OK, now that is an apt comparison. Chickens are really stupid.
3) Ignoramuses have every right to express their uninformed opinions. They DO NOT have some inherent right to be taken seriously.
4) It's not age related. The Incurably Stupid cover all ages and races.
5) I am in awe at how well that cop reacted. Watching the video I was still figuring out what was what when he dropped Stabby Chick with incredible marksmanship and situational awareness.

A Columbus policeman shot 16-year-old Bryant four times on Tuesday while she attacked another woman, according to bodycam footage of the incident. The woman in pink she was attacking in the video confirmed afterward the police acted because Bryant was wielding a knife.

In spite of the video showing the woman about to be stabbed, liberal co-host of "The View" Joy Behar wondered why the officer who killed Bryant didn't "shoot the gun in the air."

"He said the cop had no choice ... and my feeling is I don't know if that's true or not," Behar said. "I really can't figure it out anymore ... I've looked at the tape and I still can't figure it out. Shoot the gun in the air, warning, tase a person, shoot them in the leg, shoot them in the behind. Stop them somehow. But if the only solution is to kill a teenager, there's something wrong with this."

Earlier in the week, a reporter asked Columbus Police Chief Michael Woods whether an officer could shoot a limb rather than to kill.

"Can an officer shoot the leg, can they shoot somewhere that would not result in a fatal wound?" asked the unidentified reporter, noting that observers have asked the same question.

"We don't train to shoot the leg because that's a small target," Woods said. "We train to shoot center mass, what is available to stop that threat ... There was a deadly force threat that was going on, so the officer is trained to shoot center mass."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/columbus-shooting-media-repeating-discredited-officers-legs
This is just common sense to trained shooters. To non-shooters, it sounds like a a potential 'training problem' that our defunded police need to correct. To anti-gunners, it sounds like more justification for (what they call) murder.

I think we all know which category Joy Behar fits into by now.

joy.jpg

That officer certainly did NOT need more training.... did you see what he had to do.... he threaded the needle on a moving perp and avoided hitting the pink lady.... kudos for great shooting as well as for split second correct assessment of the situation!!!

BUT, But, but......
IF the victim had say 15-20 years of prior intense therapy (at Govt expense of course)......
THIS......might never have had to be an issue TODAY. :s0092:

Aloha, Mark

There are three videos of the incident now. One from the Officer's body cam, one from down the street and one from across the street. In the one from across the street you can hear her screaming that she's going to stab the eff out of them. Somehow, though, after she gets shot in the process of trying to do exactly what she said she was going to do, there are still people adamantly blaming the person who saved her intended victim's life. It takes a special kind of hate to blind you to this obvious a truth.

Also, in the body cam video, if you watch the man in the yard (I'm told he's Stabby McAngrybeotch's stepfather) you'll see him try to kick the downed girl in the head. And not gently - it looked like he was kicking a field goal. Apple didn't fall to far from the surrogate tree, now did it?

This whole "shoot them in the leg, arm, butt" thing is absurd, but for people whose knowledge of firearms comes from Hollywood it makes perfect sense. Shoot the gun out of their hand, or shoot them in the shoulder or leg; they'll be fine, right?

What they don't realize is that shooting someone in the "behind" with a 9mm hollow point could easily be fatal or permanently crippling. Even getting shot in the arm or leg can be deadly. I knew of a guy who got hit in the leg with a .30 Luger (ND) that shattered the bone and left him with permanent use of a cane to walk.

That officer certainly did NOT need more training.... did you see what he had to do.... he threaded the needle on a moving perp and avoided hitting the pink lady.... kudos for great shooting as well as for split second correct assessment of the situation!!!
The first time l saw the bodycam video l watched it on my phone, by myself and said out loud (to no one), "Holy SH*T!"... I wasn't ready for how fast that whole thing went down. It was already over.

That officer did an incredible job... made the decision and put four accurate rounds on target in a crazy, chaotic situation. That's not "rising to the occasion", that's falling back on your highest level of training.

I haven't seen ANY of the usual suspects even mention the life he saved.

Meanwhile, in another part of the state, at almost the exact same time, a 13 yr old girl was shanked in the neck by another 13 yr old girl and bled to death... no coppers around to intervene in that "normal, teenage behavior".

Note to media; if only one party has a knife, it's not a "knife fight"... it's just plain old Attempted Murder or Agg Assault.

Remember the Portland Tri-Met murders from a couple of years ago? According to these morons that slash-y-stabb-y SOB was just the victor in a multi round slash-y stabb-y round robin tournament.

BAN ASSAULT KNIVES NOW!!
Nobody needs a pointy knife to spread mayo. Daggers (i.e. "assault knives) are a relic of the past when people didn't eat processed food that doesn't require cutting. More people are killed with assault daggers than all long guns combined!!

We need to follow Formerly Great Britain in the development of knives that can't be used to inflict a fatal stab wound.

1619359829013.png

If all knives were stab-safe* poor 16-year-old Ma'Khia Bryant would be alive today because the knife wouldn't be so dangerous, and the officer wouldn't have had to shoot her. Pinkie would have have sustained some superficial cuts like all teenagers get from those trivial knife fights that are just part of growing up in Da Hood, and everybody goes home alive. After all a knife fight is pretty much like in West Side Story, right? Just ask Nyaira Givens. The cops weren't involved so no harm, no foul and the streets don't look like Dresden on 02/15/1945.
See how easy that was?

*And if Mama had cojones she would be Daddy.

Also, in the body cam video, if you watch the man in the yard (I'm told he's Stabby McAngrybeotch's stepfather) you'll see him try to kick the downed girl in the head. And not gently - it looked like he was kicking a field goal. Apple didn't fall to far from the surrogate tree, now did it?

Well, foster McStepdaddy must be a genius because Stabby was an honor roll student, just getting her life turned around. And liked to make wonderful TicToc videos. And was a peaceful young lady that never got mad about anything.

We need to follow Formerly Great Britain in the development of knives that can't be used to inflict a fatal stab wound.

Googgull "people killed with box cutters" and see what comes up... for sure they were not stabbed. That is somehow better? UK knives should have no edges at all!

"30 seconds on a band saw cutting from the 'undercut' to the area in the upper left of the picture to remove the 'blunt upper protrusion' and you have a 'stabby' knife again!"
"Googgull "people killed with box cutters" and see what comes up..."

Please tell me you knew I was playing Sarcastaball.

"30 seconds on a band saw cutting from the 'undercut' to the area in the upper left of the picture to remove the 'blunt upper protrusion' and you have a 'stabby' knife again!"
"Googgull "people killed with box cutters" and see what comes up..."

Please tell me you knew I was playing Sarcastaball.

My point still stands...

Every case is different. This looks like a valid use of force. Chauvin's case was not a valid use of force.

But we have law enforcement, courts and juries that will decide each case on the merits.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top