JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sorry for the double thread, mods please delete the one in off topic

MaKhia-Bryant-neighbor.jpg

Neighbor with footage of Ma'Khia Bryant shooting: 'The video doesn't lie'

The Columbus, Ohio, police officer who fatally shot a teen Tuesday "reacted with what he thought was his best judgment," a neighbor whose home-surveillance camera captured video of the incident said Thursday.

www.foxnews.com
www.foxnews.com

The Columbus, Ohio, police officer who fatally shot a teen Tuesday "reacted with what he thought was his best judgment," a neighbor whose home-surveillance camera captured video of the incident said Thursday.

Donavon Brinson shared his views on Fox News' "The Faulkner Focus" in an exclusive interview after reviewing the footage.

Donavon Brinson shared his views on Fox News' "The Faulkner Focus" in an exclusive interview after reviewing the footage.

The bodycam footage shows that as soon as police arrived, a young female tackled another female to the ground, having what appeared to be a knife in her hand. The girl can then be seen charging at another female while raising the purported knife in the air - at which point the officer opened fire.

Brinson noted that the officer was not faced with many choices, since he "only had seconds to respond."

"From my point of view watching this, unfortunately, the whole scenario put him in a bad spot regardless of what the situation was," Brinson said.

36758.png 39.png 38.png

Saw the same and I am GLAD the neighbor believed the officer did what he thought was best.

While I THINK even the die hard MSM reporters & other lib loudmouths realize this as well (and are probably reluctantly accepting it) they are doing there best to create a sort of 'reasonable doubt' by suggesting all the bizarre (and some dangerous) alternatives.

Anyone catch Joy Blowhard and hear her suggestions?

'Shoot the gun in the air, warning, tase a person, shoot them in the leg, shoot them in the behind. Stop them somehow.'

It was mentioned in the news this morning NO PD in the US allows for a discharge of a gun into the air, however I have an example of how the 'reasonable doubt' might be working by 'planting seeds' in the minds of people.

I was discussing this with some very conservative neighbors and one mentioned 'I wonder if alternative methods could be developed such as a net device to be launched on the person? Or maybe a stronger form of pepper spray?'

I had to reinforce to this person the 'basics' of this incident such as the few seconds the officer had to make a decision and how most other alternatives would most likely NOT have prevented a stabbing.

Also I asked the most 'basic' question of all - 'So, should we disarm all LEOS of their firearms' - no answer.

Last Edited:
'Shoot the gun in the air, warning, tase a person, shoot them in the leg, shoot them in the behind. Stop them somehow.'
I could see how many peoples training may suggest that the officer should have shot her in the behind. However correct that maybe for someone following their training of aim for center of mass I think in this case the officer chose the correct target area to quickly resolve the situation. Even though center of mbubblegum would have been an easier target,

This is why LONG ago I kept saying body cam's were needed. If this shooting had not been on tape? The entire city would be on fire. Even with it CLEARLY on tape you see many trying to start a fire. Some of them making asinine statements that kids having knife fights was not something Cops should deal with. Of course then the same people who made the comments deny they ever said that, while the statement is there for all to see. They are trying desperately to start an all out war and are losing it over how hard it is to get one going. Too many have access to the real story. It is shocking how many will still swallow anything they hear on the main news. :confused:

Last Edited:
A Columbus policeman shot 16-year-old Bryant four times on Tuesday while she attacked another woman, according to bodycam footage of the incident. The woman in pink she was attacking in the video confirmed afterward the police acted because Bryant was wielding a knife.

In spite of the video showing the woman about to be stabbed, liberal co-host of "The View" Joy Behar wondered why the officer who killed Bryant didn't "shoot the gun in the air."

"He said the cop had no choice ... and my feeling is I don't know if that's true or not," Behar said. "I really can't figure it out anymore ... I've looked at the tape and I still can't figure it out. Shoot the gun in the air, warning, tase a person, shoot them in the leg, shoot them in the behind. Stop them somehow. But if the only solution is to kill a teenager, there's something wrong with this."

Earlier in the week, a reporter asked Columbus Police Chief Michael Woods whether an officer could shoot a limb rather than to kill.

"Can an officer shoot the leg, can they shoot somewhere that would not result in a fatal wound?" asked the unidentified reporter, noting that observers have asked the same question.

"We don't train to shoot the leg because that's a small target," Woods said. "We train to shoot center mass, what is available to stop that threat ... There was a deadly force threat that was going on, so the officer is trained to shoot center mass."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/columbus-shooting-media-repeating-discredited-officers-legs

He chose well. His marksmanship training saved a life. That's how it should be seen. Getting really sick of people refusing to acknowledge reality, facts and truth. I expect things will get worse in that regard before it gets better.

It's an age thing, an early form of nonsensical thinking because of diminishing grey matter. Saw it first hand in the early sixties amongst liberal urban females who were fearful of "weapons". Interesting that 'teens' are recruited for their self belief of immortality as 'weapons' of violence, been occurring for a very long time and in many cultures. When the juice is up, other juices will flow per the occasion!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top