JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:s0116:OHIO!!! :s0133:
1647316317128.png

Ohio's Governor signed the bill today to allow qualified adults over 21 to conceal carry without permits (to be treated as valid as those with licenses), and to remove duty to notify officer of carry. Ohio joins 22 other States in having "Constitutional/permitless Carry" laws; Georgia and Indiana have similar bills waiting to be signed into law by their Governors. If these two other States Governors signs these bills into law, that would make 25 States with such laws.
Right now the list is as follows;
1 Alabama,
2 Alaska,
3 Arizona,
4 Arkansas,
5 Idaho,
6 Iowa,
7 Kansas,
8 Kentucky,
9 Maine,
10 Mississippi,
11 Missouri,
12 Montana,
13 New Hampshire,
14 North Dakota,
15 Oklahoma,
16 South Dakota,
17 Tennessee,
18 Texas,
19 Utah,
20 Vermont,
21 West Virginia,
22 Wyoming.
23 as of today, Ohio

Pending Governor signatures; (50/50)
Indiana
Georgia

I hope more will follow which I'm sure will happen with time. I think however, the likelihood of WA doing constitutional carry, is nil, though not impossible. Blue goo that has this state overrun with their anti gun BS. Sad to see, while all this anti gun malarkey gets passed here, other states are doing the opposite to empower the gun owners.

I hope more will follow which I'm sure will happen with time. I think however, the likelihood of WA doing constitutional carry, is nil, though not impossible. Blue goo that has this state overrun with their anti gun BS. Sad to see, while all this anti gun malarkey gets passed here, other states are doing the opposite to empower the gun owners.
Same for Oregon unfortunately. However, the more States that go forward with permitless/Constitutional Carry, the more likely a SCOTUS case could be made against the remaining States continuing to infringe on gun rights... see @bolus 'S threads on Hawaii's gun rights cases (or lack thereof :rolleyes: )

Same for Oregon unfortunately. However, the more States that go forward with permitless/Constitutional Carry, the more likely a SCOTUS case could be made against the remaining States continuing to infringe on gun rights... see @bolus 'S threads on Hawaii's gun rights cases (or lack thereof :rolleyes: )
They just passed a law allowing tazers, something like 10 years after the supreme court said bans on them were unconstitutional. Still cant carry them or use them outside the home and have to get a background check to get one and still cant actually buy one in a store. Funny seeing all these patriotic pictures of Ukranian citizens with AK's.

Does anyone know whether permitless carry applies to tourists as well as residents of these states?

Thanks,
Greg
In most, if not all cases; the concept only applies to residents of these States that have permitless carry. I don't know if these 23 States so far, also recognize the right to permitless carry for the residents of any of the 23 States.. it would be nice if that were actually so, because basically tourists from any of these States would still be able to conceal carry without permits in any other of these 23 States.

This is one area where I wish people required MORE mandatory training. I've seen some stupid "constitutional carry" examples that were borderline unsafe or outright dangerous. People are generally dumb, and that's not good for carrying a deadly weapon without training. First filter would be an IQ test, that would help tremendously. Next would be the ability to count beyond ten.

I've seen some stupid "constitutional carry" examples that were borderline unsafe or outright dangerous. People are generally dumb, and that's not good for carrying a deadly weapon without training.
The same can be said for those who professionally carry weapons :rolleyes: and for those who criminally carries weapons (felons, gangbangers, cartel d-bags, etc) :rolleyes: so "mandatory training"? Only if its 1) free. 2) and comes with the repeal and dustbinning all gun control laws, and 3) improved, expanded enforcement and actual justice carried out for criminals, none of that revolving doors of jailhouses, and actually giving rights back to people who served their times, except for those who are too dangerous to be responsible with guns, thus too dangerous to be back on the streets.

Edit. Let the gene pool cleanse itself.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads