JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Telling a cop that you are a licensed CC and carrying in Oregon is not required by LAW. I have a letter from the Tillamook County Sheriff that say so. But it does say please to tell them that you are? I'm sure that all non Licensed CC they stop tell them that they have a GUN. (RIGHT)

The cops will still beat the living tar out of you if you don't inform them you are carrying.

They might do it anyway.

I HAVE NEVER VOLUNTEERED IT. iTS ON YOUR LIC. WHEN THEY RUN IT.
I have had a couple occasions where they asked me if I was carrying and I just stated yes. No problem.
Once while stopped along 26 on the way to warm springs A county came up and asked if we were ok, then said he noticed I had a CHL and asked what I carried. I told him at that time it was one of the New S&W Scandium/Titanium .357's and he said he had been looking at them for a back up and OD gun and wanted to handle it. They had not hit many of the stores at that time yet.
I let him and we had quite a discussion about several handguns.
I Have never had a problem with any of them. Now if it were someplace like Portland, I could see what you are saying, but I avoid that city like the plague just simply because of the politics there.

As with other gun laws CC laws don't stop criminals from doing whatever the heck they want. CC laws are there only to make it more of a pita for law abiding citizens.

I HAVE NEVER VOLUNTEERED IT. iTS ON YOUR LIC. WHEN THEY RUN IT.
I have had a couple occasions where they asked me if I was carrying and I just stated yes. No problem.
Once while stopped along 26 on the way to warm springs A county came up and asked if we were ok, then said he noticed I had a CHL and asked what I carried. I told him at that time it was one of the New S&W Scandium/Titanium .357's and he said he had been looking at them for a back up and OD gun and wanted to handle it. They had not hit many of the stores at that time yet.
I let him and we had quite a discussion about several handguns.
I Have never had a problem with any of them. Now if it were someplace like Portland, I could see what you are saying, but I avoid that city like the plague just simply because of the politics there.

A. While I like the Idea of constitutional carry, Ohio has a law on the books that still makes their CC laws suck.

In Ohio, You are required by law to disclose you are carrying upon contact with any LEO. If you don't, It might go something like this:

Dash Cam: Canton PD "Notification" Arrest & Officer Goes Berserk / Threatens - YouTube

B. What is the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs posture toward conceal carry?

C. Them lightweight Snubbies are snappy, big things in little packages.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top