Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ohio Constitutional Carry Bill

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by DMax, Dec 13, 2013.

1. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

2. billdeserthills

billdeserthills Cave Creek, Arizony Well-Known Member

I love to see this, I was so glad when AZ passed Constitutional Carry. It is as clear as the nose on a face that this was always what the Framers of our Constitution intended

Taku, OLDNEWBIE, drew and 5 others like this.
  3. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Vancouver Well-Known Member

The cops will still beat the living tar out of you if you don't inform them you are carrying.

They might do it anyway.

4. Black Dog

Black Dog Eagle Creek Or Active Member

Telling a cop that you are a licensed CC and carrying in Oregon is not required by LAW. I have a letter from the Tillamook County Sheriff that say so. But it does say please to tell them that you are? I'm sure that all non Licensed CC they stop tell them that they have a GUN. (RIGHT)

5. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

I HAVE NEVER VOLUNTEERED IT. iTS ON YOUR LIC. WHEN THEY RUN IT.
    I have had a couple occasions where they asked me if I was carrying and I just stated yes. No problem.
    Once while stopped along 26 on the way to warm springs A county came up and asked if we were ok, then said he noticed I had a CHL and asked what I carried. I told him at that time it was one of the New S&W Scandium/Titanium .357's and he said he had been looking at them for a back up and OD gun and wanted to handle it. They had not hit many of the stores at that time yet.
    I let him and we had quite a discussion about several handguns.
    I Have never had a problem with any of them. Now if it were someplace like Portland, I could see what you are saying, but I avoid that city like the plague just simply because of the politics there.

6. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

“The right in the Second Amendment is the only one in the Bill of Rights that you have to get permission for,” Lynch said.

It should not be that way in any state of our country.

Taku and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Good luck Ohioans. I hope it happens for ya and may Oregon follow you!

drew and (deleted member) like this.
  8. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Interested to see what happens there.

I hope we do too. I think my odds of winning the lottery might be better though.

9. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

As with other gun laws CC laws don't stop criminals from doing whatever the heck they want. CC laws are there only to make it more of a pita for law abiding citizens.

10. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Vancouver Well-Known Member

A. While I like the Idea of constitutional carry, Ohio has a law on the books that still makes their CC laws suck.

In Ohio, You are required by law to disclose you are carrying upon contact with any LEO. If you don't, It might go something like this:

Dash Cam: Canton PD "Notification" Arrest & Officer Goes Berserk / Threatens - YouTube

B. What is the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs posture toward conceal carry?

C. Them lightweight Snubbies are snappy, big things in little packages.