JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

Anti-gun protestors gathered at the Ohio Statehouse earlier this week and staged a “die in” to protest a proposed “Stand Your Ground” law in the Buckeye State, Andrew Johnson at National Review Online reported today.

“‘Stand Your Ground’ laws have gained national attention over the past year since the shooting death of Florida teenager Trayvon Martin,” Johnson wrote. “Critics of the law claim that it endangers minorities and hoped that the ‘die-in’ protest would make the public aware of the deaths that could be caused due to the law.”

It’s a common misconception, perpetuated by citizen disarmament advocates and “Authorized Journalists,” that George Zimmerman was acquitted based on Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” law. While some “progressive” media sites continue to beat that drum based on one clause in Circuit Judge Debra S. Nelson’s jury instructions, Sean Davis of Media Trackers noted “even the prosecution said during the trial that ‘Stand Your Ground’ had nothing to do with the case. During his closing argument, prosecutor John Guy explicitly told the jury, ‘This case is not about standing your ground.’”

As for such laws specifically endangering minorities, an analysis presented by The Daily Caller concluded “approximately one third of Florida ‘Stand Your Ground’ claims in fatal cases have been made by black defendants, and they have used the defense successfully 55 percent of the time, at the same rate as the population at large and at a higher rate than white defendants … Additionally, the majority of victims in Florida ‘Stand Your Ground’ cases have been white.”

What opponents of “Stand Your Ground” laws instead demand, as noted by St. Louis Gun Rights Examiner Kurt Hofmann, are “Run and Hide” laws. What better strategy could there be to overcome a predator's natural chase-and-kill instincts than to behave exactly like prey?

Still the protestors did more than just conduct a “die-in.” Per the Associated Press, the Ohio Black Legislative Caucus delivered a petition to Gov. John Kasich that they say has 10,000 signatures opposed to enacting “Stand Your Ground” reforms.

“Is the complete and unredacted petition with all 10,000 names a public record that we as citizens have a right to see? Will you make it available for public scrutiny?” Gun Rights Examiner asked the governor’s office, posting the request on The War on Guns blog. If a response is not forthcoming, a Freedom of Information Act request will be filed next week.

Why wouldn't they protest?

After all, the President of the United States, a noted authority on the law, someone who was president of the Harvard Law Review (which is a no-sh*t position) along with the attorney general of the United States, a highly experienced lawyer whose own department investigated the Zimmerman case, claim that "Stand your ground" had something to do with it.

Now there's two possible conclusions:

A) The president and attorney general are not only ignorant of everything to do with self-defense law and stand your ground in particular AND didn't read the reports they commissioned... or

B) They are lying their butts off and KNOW they are lying their butts off because they know the ignorant won't bother to check and they want to score a political point.

Take your pick. They are either the most fantastically incompetent lawyers ever to teach law, graduate from top-flight universities etc or they are criminal in their deliberate lies and misrepresentations to the American people. Either one shows them in a despicable light.

These are not stupid people. Nor are they incompetent. Barack Obama, whatever you think of his ABILITY as a leader, is a VERY smart guy. So is Holder. No, I don't think this is a woops. Anymore than I think Fast and Furious was an "oversight." I didn't start off thinking Obama was evil. He's had to work to prove that case and prove it he has, in spades.

After all, the President of the United States, a noted authority on the law, someone who was president of the Harvard Law Review (which is a no-sh*t position) along with the attorney general of the United States, a highly experienced lawyer whose own department investigated the Zimmerman case, claim that "Stand your ground" had something to do with it.

A) The president and attorney general are not only ignorant of everything to do with self-defense law and stand your ground in particular AND didn't read the reports they commissioned... or

B) They are lying their butts off and KNOW they are lying their butts off because they know the ignorant won't bother to check and they want to score a political point.

Take your pick. They are either the most fantastically incompetent lawyers ever to teach law, graduate from top-flight universities etc or they are criminal in their deliberate lies and misrepresentations to the American people. Either one shows them in a despicable light.

These are not stupid people. Nor are they incompetent. Barack Obama, whatever you think of his ABILITY as a leader, is a VERY smart guy. So is Holder. No, I don't think this is a woops. Anymore than I think Fast and Furious was an "oversight." I didn't start off thinking Obama was evil. He's had to work to prove that case and prove it he has, in spades.

I am 100% with you. I started in the same place you did, and I'm now in the same place you are regarding the president and his administration.

I did not like zero, from the moment I first heard him lie... I also did not like him from the first time I heard him speak, but I repeat myself.

I knew that he had been groomed ~To Move~ From the very first time he was on National Media coverage...

A lot of money, Scientific Training, and Political SSS went into his Meteoric Rise in dotGOV, try and look back and see it, much has Already been re-historied, if that is Not a Word, it should be.

Even Hillary, "falling" on her sword was planned, she could have swept the DemonMarxist Party, why didn't She, look at what took place in Texas Primaries for her... And yet, he won???

Yeah, this could be an Off Topic Post, but....

philip
Thinks not.

The first time I looked at his eyes I knew he was a P.O.S. person. SO will it be Obama for pres 2016? That is the question. Or will the TV watching populace pick Hillary. Will Texas turn blue? IS Putin owned by the same people who own Obama? Hope and Change,yep!

Keep your Hope, and leave me My "Change", if I dave enough of it up, I can buy a flavored coffee at Dairy Mart, a small, but delightful experiance for an old man.

The young lady cashier flirts with me, but only after I told her I was so old, that I rode a T-Rex to school, she thought that to be funny, but the difficult part, was feeding him during Lunch Time.

Now, about the new topic of this post, zero... I have no Tolerance for him. Get it????

Zero Tolerance.

My jokes improve after my morning coffee... The Officer of the Day, last night, made me pull Guard Mount on bunker 3alpha.... Nobody liked 3alpha, it was a miserable bunker, so, I slept in this morning....

What was the topic?

John has a Mustache, I repeat, John has a Mustache, and now, the BBC will play God save the King, for Zero Tolerance.

philip, out to get coffee in his Brain. :D

B)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top