JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I actually think this is a good step.

I know you are thinking they'd all be liberal judges.

But, as it stands now, many cases that could/should be heard, cannot, due to the limited number of judges.
Not sure I understand. Supreme Court is currently a 9 judge panel. Majority opinion wins. What difference would it
make on case count if there were more? It would still be (any odd number) of judges, one case at a time.

Not sure I understand. Supreme Court is currently a 9 judge panel. Majority opinion wins. What difference would it
make on case count if there were more? It would still be (any odd number) of judges, one case at a time.

I'll start by stating that increasing the number of Justices will reduce the number of cases they hear, so that's not a good argument. Think about it, is it easier to get a consensus from nine people or thirteen? The answer is pretty obvious.

The current balance is five that mostly rule as the the Constitution is written as the law and four who rule based on how they would like to have it written instead. It's a BIG difference.

If the Constitution needs changing there is a process to do so. This requires the Legislative Branch to grow a pair and do their jobs and then accept it if they don't get enough support. The reason we have had so many EO's in the past few decades is due solely to inaction my the Legislature. Because they value their jobs more than their country they simply don't want to be held accountable for taking a stand on anything.

Having USSC Justices ignore the Constitution as written undermines rule of law from the top down and endangers the Republic.

If you will note the four who do not follow the Constitution as written vote against individual rights every single time. At every turn they vote to turn your rights into Government controlled privileges that can be revoked on a whim.

Biden's intent on packing the court with activist Justices is solely so that he can get the results he wants. Among those is guarantee a consolidation of power to turn the US into a single party system. It goes FAR beyond guns. Guns come first because to turn a Free Citizen into a Subject he must first be unarmed. You can't be shackled while holding a weapon.

This is evil and dangerous. If not stopped, within a few years you will be a subject of the State and no longer a Citizen.

The next two years are going to be the most important and critical since the Civil War. There is a great chance that it will ignite armed conflict during what is an obvious Cold Civil War.

Think about it.... stuffing 6, 8, or 10 more "progressive" judges into the SCOTUS with lifetime appointments during this ridiculously radical administration will guarantee a leftist stranglehold on this country..... forever.

There will be war.

I actually think this is a good step.

I know you are thinking they'd all be liberal judges.

But, as it stands now, many cases that could/should be heard, cannot, due to the limited number of judges.

I thought we were talking about SCOTUS, not minor Federal judgeships.

It seems that some of us - maybe me, maybe other posters - live in alternate realities. In my reality Biden is competent, there was no "steal" of the election, and Trump supporters (and a whole bunch of Republicans) tried to interfere with the peaceful transfer of power.
The thing with delusion is how difficult it is to respond to someone convinced their fixed false belief is anything but a fixed false belief and still remain 'excellent' when making the attempt to slap them back into reality.

The thing with delusion is how difficult it is to respond to someone convinced their fixed false belief is anything but a fixed false belief and still remain 'excellent' when making the attempt to slap them back into reality.

That's the issue - who's the slapper and who's the slappee. You are likely as convinced of the absolute truth of your position as I am of mine. Until we can nibble around the edges of those entrenched positions, we get what we have - competing views of reality depending on where you get your "news."

Meh
If it's like any other government commission/study, it'll go on for 15 or 20 years because all of these experts know the gravy train stops when they present their results. As far as I'm concerned they can drag it out for a century.

Think about it.... stuffing 6, 8, or 10 more "progressive" judges into the SCOTUS with lifetime appointments during this ridiculously radical administration will guarantee a leftist stranglehold on this country..... forever.

There will be war.
Agreed. I was only questioning the statement that more Supreme Court justices would allow them to try more cases.
That works at the circuit court level---but not the Supreme Court level.

There is no one way.

But consider this:
With 9 Justices, they look at ~80 cases ~ about 9 each.
"The Court receives approximately 7,000-8,000 petitions for a writ of certiorari each Term. The Court grants and hears oral argument in about 80 cases."

If you assume that limitation is how many can be decided by how many can be properly written up as a decision, then doubling to 18 Justices, would double that to ~160 cases each year with each Justice still responsible for the same number of opinions.

If they do not distribute the work, and there is nothing to make them, then adding Justices would reduce the number of cases I think.

My hope would be that they would in fact dally-up the workload, and more cases would be heard each session.

There is no one way.

But consider this:
With 9 Justices, they look at ~80 cases ~ about 9 each.
"The Court receives approximately 7,000-8,000 petitions for a writ of certiorari each Term. The Court grants and hears oral argument in about 80 cases."

If you assume that limitation is how many can be decided by how many can be properly written up as a decision, then doubling to 18 Justices, would double that to ~160 cases each year with each Justice still responsible for the same number of opinions.

If they do not distribute the work, and there is nothing to make them, then adding Justices would reduce the number of cases I think.

My hope would be that they would in fact dally-up the workload, and more cases would be heard each session.
try halving rather than doubling. Getting a consensus with more people increases time. Increasing committee size decreases efficiency.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads