Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Oh no, not another California transplant!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by GOG, Jul 1, 2012.

1. GOG

GOG State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

Hello,

My wife and I are moving to Josephine County around Labor Day. She's a native California Girl, me, I just lived here because I had to.

I'm an older fella', Christian, Vet, Conservative and a cancer survivor. (not your lefty, liberal type) I'm active in the local Tea Party. I love my Country and am mightily pissed off with what's happening to it.

I first started shooting at fourteen or so in Pennsylvania and I started hunting there too. Deer and pheasant mostly. I don't hunt anymore, but I surely still shoot.

I'm kind of a rare bird for Ca. in that I have my concealed carry permit. I carry a 1911 in condition one and I feel naked unarmed.

I've been a mod on a couple of gunboards and like talking with like minded folks. My screen name GOG stands for Grumpy Old Guy.

I'm looking forward to spending some time here. That's enough out of me, I have made my manners.

2. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

quite a few of us up here from CA, welcome

GOG and (deleted member) like this.
  3. nwo

nwo Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

Welcome to Josephine County!

4. GOG

Thank you gents.

5. saxon

saxon springfield Active Member

<< former komifornian welcom the one of the free states

6. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Welcome to the site!

7. mookmanjdj

mookmanjdj Oregon Coast Member

Left there 23 years ago and never looked back. I love to hear the wisdom of older folks (not that I'm that young myself anymore) especially christian ones who think our great country is taking some ill advised steps into the future. Will it ever turn around? Anywho, hope to see some posts from you in the future.

8. GOG

We're in G.P. and have found a house. We'll put an offer in tomorrow morning. 3.6 acres, treed, year round creek, spring fed water and about 12 miles out of town.