JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Personally, I would keep it, and decide later if you wish to "fix it up" or leave it with all it's scars and history, after all, it's history you know about! Andy is also correct in using standard off the shelf ammo for it, take the time and learn what it shoots best and then hunt the hell out of it, you may find it to your liking!

Even if the engraving is too deep to remove, if it could be partially polished and then the gun reblued it might be easily ignored. Look at Tim Copeland's (Vezley, Copeland Custom Gunworks) before and after photos on his website. He charges very reasonable prices for excellent work.

The OP could always legally change his name to one with the matching initials. Like a distant relative of mine over in Skane who is always happy to shoot ANY old rifle stamped Carl Gustaf - after all, he points out, it's his name.

The OP could always legally change his name to one with the matching initials.

Ya know what's ironic? His first and last initials are the same as mine. Won't have to change much. :)

I'm still fighting myself over keeping it or selling. So, in the next couple days, gonna go down to a pawn shop and see what' they'll rape me for.

If it's a crazy-low offer, I'll just refinish it and keep it for when I have the urge to shoot WW1 stylin'. :s0019:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top