JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Please don't say you "cannot" get a license to carry. There is a provision for a license to carry, and you do NOT have to be a Canadian citizen to obtain one.. It is only that they are EXTREMELY rare and you must meet some very special conditions to be considered.

Agreed, you can in the sense that it is possible, but probable is another thing. I agree that it is possible to get a license to carry but, it is up there with getting a license to carry in DC; sure, it's possible but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Regarding the OP, SKSes are extremely popular in Canada, since they never banned imports of Chinese or Russian SKS. They are still bringing them in - yes, still bringing in NEWLY-MADE Russian SKS from the Molot factory, which still produces them as a popular hunting carbine in Russia.

Not only that, but SVT-40s (the "Russian Garand") are plentiful and easy to get in Canada. Not in the US - again, banned for import.

And for some reason, you can not own an AK of any kind, but a Czech Vz.58 is 100% OK - even though the two firearms are virtually identical in appearance and functionality. One's evil, the other isn't.

It's amazing to me that we haven't found some way to roll back the ridiculous import restrictions that were put in place in the late 1980s/early 1990s.

Are you sure this is not blank gun and ammo? The last I heard from Canadians that you cant not even own a airgun. I do have the opportunity to move to Canada, but I like guns so much that I decide to stay here!

That would be Australia. Airguns are heavily restricted, as a paintball guns if you can believe it... they are all treated the same as a regular rifle.

Canada doesnt seem too bad on their laws, relatively. The only difference is that I would accept their laws as there isnt a right to own them. While here in America I wont accept any compromise at all... because it is our RIGHT to have them.

As a gun owner, if I could not live in the United States then Canada would be my second choice. Canadian gun laws are, in some respects at least, more permissive than the ones in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia and unlike most places in the USA they actually have ammo on the shelf and available for purchase. I challenge anyone to show me anywhere in the USA where you can walk out the door with a new SKS and a 1000 rd case of 7.62x39 ammo for under $400. Granted there is a rivet in the magazine that limits it to 5 rounds capacity, but if there was ever a true SHTF situation it would take about 30 seconds of work with a Dremel to get that SKS back up to full capacity and ready to rock with stripper clips.

yes you can get a nice variety of guns in Canada. . . BUT:

- Magazine size limitations

- No CCW as in NO, NEVER. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

- Little right to self defense. Someone breaks into your house with a butcher knife and you shoot him/her, it is very likely you will be charged with some sort of "unlawful death" crime unless there are extreme extenuating circumstances. .

How most of the European heritage nations went from self reliance to nanny state where you can't even defend your self is mind boggling!

- No CCW as in NO, NEVER. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

- Little right to self defense. Someone breaks into your house with a butcher knife and you shoot him/her, it is very likely you will be charged with some sort of "unlawful death" crime unless there are extreme extenuating circumstances. .

!

Last year Canada changed the laws on self-defense in response to the persecution of guy that shot a group of thugs that were firebombing his home. When one of the thugs pulled an illegal pistol, the homeowner shot him with his legal rifle, but was persecuted anyway. That was the tipping stone. It is now legal to defend yourself in Canada.

Also, as to carry? yes, it is Possible to obtain a license to carry in Canada... very restricted, but possible.

Last year Canada changed the laws on self-defense in response to the persecution of guy that shot a group of thugs that were firebombing his home. When one of the thugs pulled an illegal pistol, the homeowner shot him with his legal rifle, but was persecuted anyway. That was the tipping stone. It is now legal to defend yourself in Canada.

That's good news!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads