JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've recently picked up an inexpensive Holosun that has the auto-on function and a green dot (as opposed to everything else I have that is red).

My bedroom power puncher is my Ruger PC9 with some long Glock magazines.

The PC9 has a Midwest Industries full length front handguard. I really like the simplicity of the primary sight alignment being my irons on this rifle as they are pretty darn robust and solid.
Last night I played around and did some 45* offset to the right on the Holosun. When I was bringing it up to acquire sight picture, I felt like I need to short stock the rifle, while not uncomfortable and a tad awkward to me at that time, I'm curious if any others here run some sort of optic like this as a backup on the 45*.

I didn't want to run a battery powered optic as the primary, which seems to be the opposite to what many do.
I see benefit to having the optic attached to the barrel end of the takedown and not the receiver, accuracy within 50y isn't a big concern to me.

Thoughts?

The offending optic:

Offending Handguard:

I saw that but I did end up putting the Holosun on the rifle. Not married to that config but I also don't know how to see what other optics use that mounting plate.

If the Holosun would mount to that I'd do it.

I'm still flexible to other options.

Optic on it now:

I have the shorter base on it now which could be removed.

FEC8AED2-37DA-45FE-BD47-D16A99B64E1D.jpeg

Last Edited:
Went ahead and ordered the Midwest Industries mount.
Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't.

Got the goods tonight. A little left on the offset but it's low and very easy to acquire proper sight picture.

C21636A1-9D57-45EB-9EED-2326E2654082.jpeg 4C9B2C37-9C54-4E71-8E2F-443400131594.jpeg

not sure why this one is upside down. Just turn your monitor.
817631E6-0F37-4FBB-A700-67589563B1C9.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads