JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reportedly failed to pay $66,000 in legal fees. Is this consistent with OFF's past behavior and character? I don't know anything about them other than one post I made where they were referenced in a pic at a booth that was so politically charged the moderators said not to talk about it.

FWIW I do remember some of the other 2A groups said they wished OFF would coordinate better on the legal suits (this was right before OFF filed their suit as I recall).

Last Edited:
I don't know about you guys, but this creeps me out...

Here is my interpretation of this non-story: OFF, the little grassroots 2A org that has been distinctly stalwart in opposing the anti-gunner agenda in OR, is now 30 days late paying a legal bill, after the holidays, and basically got sent to collections.

So, OL's super-liberal Maxine Bernstein writes an article as a hit piece, attempting to elevate this to a big scandal and implying that OFF is scammy. She's trying to get folks to think twice before sending OFF donations.

My impression of OFF in recent years is that they are small, and sometimes disorganized, but principled to a fault. This just says to me the right response is to send OFF more money as soon as I can manage it.

So, OL's super-liberal Maxine Bernstein writes an article as a hit piece, attempting to elevate this to a big scandal and implying that OFF is scammy. She's trying to get folks to think twice before sending OFF donations.
I don't know anything about the other points you raised but the part about the reporter is just flat out wrong.

Yeah . . . would not be my first choice

Seems an extremely odd choice that OFF chose for a 2A case. Why would they choose that guy?

Something doesn't add up.

$500 an hour and $250 and hour and a bill of $66k was issued the 15th, but wasn't the first hearing the 8th?

Beyond that, were these folks truly working 24 hours from the 8th of November to the 8-15th of December? I call BS. There is some serious, nefarious activity going on here. This is a means to shut OFF down and shift focus.

Something doesn't add up.

$500 an hour and $250 and hour and a bill of $66k was issued the 15th, but wasn't the first hearing the 8th?

Beyond that, were these folks truly working 24 hours from the 8th of November to the 8-15th of December? I call BS. There is some serious, nefarious activity going on here. This is a means to shut OFF down and shift focus.
Not enough info to make any kind of evaluation imo. Who knows if their agreement was straight hourly or something else such as contingency plus hourly or contingency converting to cash if they don't win or?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top