JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not enough info to make any kind of evaluation imo. Who knows if their agreement was straight hourly or something else such as contingency plus hourly or contingency converting to cash if they don't win or?
I'm with OFF, I agree, I want the billing statements to be made public so we can see the breakdown.. I think there is some fraud going on here, which makes sense that they aren't paying it.

The fact that this lawyer's bread and butter is defending chi mos made a bad joke spring forth.
Yea it seems really bizarre to chose that person for a 2A case. I mean zero experience whatsoever in the type of case (setting aside the apparent specialization of defending child molesters). I wonder if OFF knows him or something. Just seems extremely weird. I mean you don't hire an elder law attorney for a patent case f.e. Really odd.

Yea it seems really bizarre to chose that person for a 2A case. I mean zero experience whatsoever in the type of case (setting aside the apparent specialization of defending child molesters). I wonder if OFF knows him or something. Just seems extremely weird. I mean you don't hire an elder law attorney for a patent case f.e. Really odd.
That's exactly what I was wondering and thought it extremely odd...
Here ya have a guy who defends the sorts of people to oppose a ballot measure instigated by those people.
The name of the attorney also seems to be familiar with regards to OFF, was wondering if anyone knew better on the cuff.

The rates seem fine what I'd expect from this sort of debacle, and honestly OFF not paying doesn't surprise me much either.
They will get affiliate money from me through Amazon tho, unless somebody can point to a better cause (salmon or gun related).

That's exactly what I was wondering and thought it extremely odd...
Here ya have a guy who defends the sorts of people to oppose a ballot measure instigated by those people.
The name of the attorney also seems to be familiar with regards to OFF, was wondering if anyone knew better on the cuff.

The rates seem fine what I'd expect from this sort of debacle, and honestly OFF not paying doesn't surprise me much either.
They will get affiliate money from me through Amazon tho, unless somebody can point to a better cause (salmon or gun related).
For reference/fwiw GOA won the m114 injunction in Harney County. They also have won multiple 2A cases nation-wide lately.

OSSA has the Bruen-winning lawyers on board in their lawsuits against m114. I was super impressed with the response to immergut's m114 ruling. Smart and know what they are doing by all appearances. OSSA is a subgroup of the NRA though, so there is that.

SAF has been kicking butt in other parts of the nation on major 2A cases. I would guess they will be big players in WA in the future. The two pending WA mag ban cases are noteworthy also but I can't recall the players on those. I know the eatern wa one is Pete Serranto in a new group that's only a couple years old. Can't remember who is in the lead in western WA mag ban case.

Last Edited:
Not enough info to make any kind of evaluation imo. Who knows if their agreement was straight hourly or something else such as contingency plus hourly or contingency converting to cash if they don't win or?
I doubt that there is any contingency arrangement entered into. I do not believe the suits involve any kind of monetary award from the state, or the state paying lawyer fees to the plaintiffs - it isn't that kind of suit.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but didn't OFF fire Kaempf shortly after the first hearing and retain new council who has been filing briefs and been acting on the behalf of this suit since? A firm from Happy Valley I believe. I remember reading a court filing requesting a change in council.

I've seen OFF operate in Salem. Kevin is ever present. How effective is debatable, but the deck is stacked against him and us.

If OFF presents some information or statements guaranteeing the funds go to legal costs I'd be tempted. Showing nonprofits there's no upside to getting involved isn't the best look either.

I'm with OFF, I agree, I want the billing statements to be made public so we can see the breakdown.. I think there is some fraud going on here, which makes sense that they aren't paying it.
Doesn't one withhold payment when there's a billing dispute? I would think OFF has the same rights/protections when it comes to billing disputes. And OFF should have come forward first to set the tone of this issue…

Sometimes OFF (Kevin) goes a bit over with his polictical rhetoric but everything ive ever checked tured out true and factual. OFF is the only state local gun rights group I know of that takes the time to reach out to all Oregonians and motivate us to take action.
Given his factual track record I suspect somethings wrong with that lawyer not OFF. Also the media made it sound like OFF was at fault so right there Id suspect its the other way around.
Ill wait for more info, but i suspect that lawyer the issue.

Yep just shows you how much people care about beating 114. OFF put his foot in the door where it's done the most good and not many people want to keep there. Hope he can keep it up but he's going to need help to do it. Where are all the PRO gunners.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top