JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is totally odd, as eagles typically feed on carrion.
Negative, I think you are thinking of buzzards.

Eagles are opportunistic predators which means they eat almost anything they can find. Some species even like eating fruit. Most eagles prey on small animals including rabbits, lizards, frogs, snakes, squirrels, other birds and even small dogs.

In the above case, Lambchops, it's what's for dinner! :s0114:

Eagles are opportunistic predators which means they eat almost anything they can find. Some species even like eating fruit. Most eagles prey on small animals including rabbits, lizards, frogs, snakes, squirrels, other birds and even small dogs.

This is why eagles are such a pain to travel with. The last time we flew, I had the worst time getting him into his travel cage. Checking in was no picnic either. They spent forever going over his cage and then they wanted to check his suitcase because it smelled so bad. I said don't be silly, that's his carrion bag.

:s0053::s0060:

Funny, i never saw a bald Eagle here in Oregon most of my life.. took a trip to Alaska and they were like Pigeons in Time Square.. bubblegumming everywhere. :)

YEP! The large predator birds like the Bald and the Brown will kill anything they see as food. Around here when you get further out home owners have to watch their pets. The large Eagles here will gladly kill and eat cats and dogs. While back large tree went down in the south of me. Had an Eagle nest in it and Fish and Game have to check on them. Agent found several pet collars in the nest from someone's cats or dogs the birds had been feeding their young. One co worker lost two Mini dogs this way. Her other half let them out without watching even though she had warned him not to. Their camera system then showed them what happened when they "thought" someone had stolen them. Eagles got both of them.

Back in the '80's when I lived in Alaska, I took a trip down Ketchikan way. You couldn't swing a dead cat without knocking an eagle out of a tree there were so many of them! Such majestic birds IMO! :D

Back in the '80's when I lived in Alaska, I took a trip down Ketchikan way. You couldn't swing a dead cat without knocking an eagle out of a tree there were so many of them! Such majestic birds IMO! :D
We RARELY see a Bald here but just a ways down the road from me there is an area they nest in. It is amazing to see. Tree's lined with them. Until I saw the photo's I had no clue we had that many so close to us. The are impressive when you see one up close. To see trees lined with them is amazing.

Every sunny day I see eagles gliding in circles in my area, hunting. I have witnessed them on multiple ocassions "fishing" the Cowlitz River, catching fish, and even teaching younger eagles the ropes by doing dry runs with the younger ones following them. Absolutely amazing to watch.
As well, last winter I threw a turkey carcass down a trail behind my house to see what action I might catch on trail cams.....I was mildly surprised to see a bald-headed flying off with the prize!

There are bald eagles along the Willamette near Minto-Brown Park and Highway 22 West near Basket Slough. I've also seen them in the orchard near ARPC.

I never used to see them. This is all in the last 5-6 years.

At my work we had two hanging out together raising two little ones. I was surprised as I thought the male normally takes off after the "job" is done. They are like residents that we see just about every day.

Go to River Bend Sand and Gravel pit end of Lancaster there's a pair that hang out there some time also on the Willamette out by the old Eola Inn. and if that doesn't work run down to Coffin Butte Landfill theres 4-5 of them that scavenge the fresh dumpings every day at about 5PM.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top