JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
After a few minutes of thought, I came up with the Hawken Rifle for Oregon's official state firearm because it was popular with trappers back when Oregon became a state. That or Jim's rubberband gun idea, or maybe a squirtgun (as long as it is safety orange).

Oregon became a state in 1859. Do we want to consider dates before that? If so the Hawken might be in consideration, but there was also heavy English and French influence. There probably wassn't any one "Oregon gun". True--the Winchester 73 was popular on the later wagon trains, but so was the Spencer and a BUNCH of civil war leftovers. Heck---probably the most prevalent long gun with the settlers was a shotgun of some sort.

Maybe we need to go further back in time? How about the Lewis and Clark air rifle?
I can't think of a single firearms inventor from Oregon. Anybody?

Oregon became a state in 1859. Do we want to consider dates before that? If so the Hawken might be in consideration, but there was also heavy English and French influence. There probably wassn't any one "Oregon gun". True--the Winchester 73 was popular on the later wagon trains, but so was the Spencer and a BUNCH of civil war leftovers. Heck---probably the most prevalent long gun with the settlers was a shotgun of some sort.

Maybe we need to go further back in time? How about the Lewis and Clark air rifle?
I can't think of a single firearms inventor from Oregon. Anybody?

Kimber Manufacturing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads